tomc1984

Panorama Restaurant Geris
Just been up to the panorama restaurant in Geris, the most wonderful views of Yali, fantastic. Murat, the owner is a really nice guy andf hopefully will have a full menu soon. The dearest thing on the menu was a lamb casserole at 22tL. Out of Yali on the turgetreis road, at the sign for Geris restaurant, turn left up Geris Caddesi, keep going into the village, turn left at the mosque and keep going. Well worth a drink on their patio for the views.

Pete&Mag

Weve been up there as part of a walk , but only passed through. We will stop a while at the place you mention , if only for a cold drink. It will be nice to see the views.

tomc1984

Worth a visit pete. The guy murat we saw was there last october.he has a pony tail and keeps apologising for his poor english.

Pete&Mag

Hi Tom. He shouldnt apologise for little English. we are in his country. As long as he sells quality food and his hospitality is warm, people will go there. I will take my phrase book.

tomc1984

Agree Pete, far too many Brits do not even try to speak any turkish and complain when turks do not speak English. Murat was very apologetic, a lovely guy, I have been asked to teach him some more english next time we go because he complimented me on my turkish, (what little there was of it) and the lager was good too, a bonus, bottled carlsberg.

lynne

We go there quite often for the fabulous Turkish breakfast cooked by Murat & mum. The views are breath taking. Murat takes a walking tour one Sunday in every month (?) in summer across to the castle ruins nearby.
Quite a winding road to the top and sometimes not well sign posted especially when you get into the village. ......Just keep on going towards the left and its through the land/car park next to the school.
Worth the trip.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Thanks for the info for this little gem of a place, we'll be having a stop by, I need to practice my Turkish again soon, and I will give Murat some English tips. I am most interested in the walks as I will be alone there for a short period in July and would enjoy joining in with this too. Thanks again.

Carol Lee

We've been there many times and really chesish the view. The night-time view is equally amazing. On one occasion we were collected and droppped home - but not sure if they still offer this service.

Last edited:
In the first photo you can see the large place with a pool, we had a thread about it on here once, anyone know if it's finished and if its a hotel or private "mansion"

utters

how far is this from yali and is it going away from the marina ,if your facing it turn left and follow that road

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
how far is this from yali and is it going away from the marina ,if your facing it turn left and follow that road

Out of Yalikavak on the Gumusluk road, up the hill at Gerisalti which takes you to Geris. Small village and Panorama is right at the end of the village.

gaia Dave

Quite agree with having the breakfast up there, took some friends up there last year for breakfast, the Turkish breakfast was outstanding with so much variation. Muret is such a pleasant Guy, you should ask him to take you around his little garden to see all the herbs he grows for his resturant.
My friends still talk about the resturant today and will be going up there again when out next.:22:

Dave.

utters

just rain here as per ,as it always does in burnley they sell efes in town centre bar so might have to try a few later to watch football would rather be trying the panorama restaurant with one

Latest Posts

Top Bottom