Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Pancakes
Happy Shrove Tuesday to you all!

If you fancy making some today here is a very simple recipe that produces perfect pancakes:

Ingredients
300ml Milk
1 large Egg
100g Plain Flour
Pinch of Salt.

Method
In a large jug measure the milk, add the egg and whisk. Now add the flour in 3 stages to the wet mixture and lastly the pinch of salt.

Leave in the jug and pour straight into a large frying pan that has a knob of butter melted into it. Use just enough to coat the bottom of the pan for lovely, thin pancakes over a medium heat and enjoy the tossing :)

This mixture works even better if allowed to rest in the fridge for a good few hours as it allows it to go runnier.

How do you eat yours? I am traditional and it's got to be lemon and sugar, my husband is a fan of chocolate (yuk)!

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Pancakes
Thanks for reminding us!

A good excuse to make pancakes. Yummy!

I am definately a lemon and sugar fan....

kale

Pancakes
Anyone remember this
Pankake tuesday is a very special day if you don,t give us a holiday we,ll all run away,

we use to sing this in the playground on SHROVE TUESDAY,

Kale yvonnex

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Pancakes
Thanks Lyndsey, I have just listened to a local chef on the radio, he has advised not to add anymore than the first knob of butter, which you recipe suggests. We have a good heavy non stick pan, which they will slide around and should be able to give them a good toss too. I shall treat my hubby to some. One filling this chef advised was to set another pan aside and dissolve some sugar and add chopped banana, also a savoury filling of Cheese Onion and chopped up smoked ham, they do sound delicious, sadly I cannot partake in them. :crying:

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Pancakes
Thanks Lyndsey, I have just listened to a local chef on the radio, he has advised not to add anymore than the first knob of butter, which you recipe suggests. We have a good heavy non stick pan, which they will slide around and should be able to give them a good toss too. I shall treat my hubby to some. One filling this chef advised was to set another pan aside and dissolve some sugar and add chopped banana, also a savoury filling of Cheese Onion and chopped up smoked ham, they do sound delicious, sadly I cannot partake in them. :crying:
Making me feel hungry....

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Pancakes
Sonnyjim, lemon and sugar will always be my favourite, enjoy!

Alison, this recipe will easily make 8 huge pancakes, more if you're not greedy :)

Kale, never heard that before, thanks for sharing :)

Sunny, some lovely suggestions there, I've never actually tried a savoury pancake before, never tempted my taste buds but that filling certainly has. I know you suffer an egg allergy...have you ever tried this: Orgran No Egg 200g - Natural Egg Replacer - HealthySupplies.co.uk. Buy Online. It's made by Orgran and is an egg replacer for all kinds of recipes that you may find limiting because of your allergy.

Yalides, get those pancakes made, no excuses!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Pancakes
Sonnyjim, lemon and sugar will always be my favourite, enjoy!

Alison, this recipe will easily make 8 huge pancakes, more if you're not greedy :)

Kale, never heard that before, thanks for sharing :)

Sunny, some lovely suggestions there, I've never actually tried a savoury pancake before, never tempted my taste buds but that filling certainly has. I know you suffer an egg allergy...have you ever tried this: Orgran No Egg 200g - Natural Egg Replacer - HealthySupplies.co.uk. Buy Online. It's made by Orgran and is an egg replacer for all kinds of recipes that you may find limiting because of your allergy.

Thanks Lyndsey, I will have a scout around that site.

Yalides, get those pancakes made, no excuses!

Yes come on Des, be a good Tosser now. :lol:

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Pancakes
My friend has an egg allergy and that is what she uses.It can be used in baking and batters and all kinds of recipes that previously would've been out of bounds for you.
Alternatively, there are quite a few recipes about with no egg in them for the Amercan style fluffy pancakes.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Pancakes
Just shown Di your posts. She was hoping I wouldn`t notice it was pancake day !!!!
Ain`t that just wicked ?

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Pancakes
Des, you should make Di pancakes then! Brownie points and all that ;)

OLIVER, I love Maple syrup but only on the American style (a stack of) pancakes :)

jenifer

Pancakes
My lady wife loves Nutella on her pancakes( that chocolate and hazelnut spread).
Personally I have either lemon or lime juice on mine.

Ron

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Pancakes
Des, you should make Di pancakes then! Brownie points and all that ;)

OLIVER, I love Maple syrup but only on the American style (a stack of) pancakes :)

Me cook anything ? Thats asking for salmonella poisoning......:biggrin:

magpie

magpie
Pancakes
Lemon with a small sprinkle of sugar for me, although I tend to prefer savory pancakes on the whole.

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Pancakes
So lemon and sugar is still the most popular! Des, you are so spoilt, that sounds like the best pancake ever and I am very jealous.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom