Camden

Owner cats, dogs and ferrets
sahipli-kedi-kopek-ve-gelinciklerin-kimliklendirilmesi-zorunlu-oluyor-843132-5.jpg

All you Northerners living in Turkey will have to take your ferrets out of your trousers and have them chipped before 2022 LOL ... as new Turkish law is to be be applied ....

Owner cats, dogs and ferrets must be identified

According to the protocol signed between the General Directorate of Food Control of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry and the Turkish Veterinary Medical Association (TVHB), owned dogs will be required to be individually identified and registered as of 2022.

A subcutaneous microchip will be applied to cats, dogs and ferrets and it can be read through the hand terminal. From now on, the owner of the abandoned cat and dog on the street can be read with the hand terminal. All diseases of the animal's past, especially rabies vaccine, will be recorded. Microchip application can be carried out by veterinarians working within the Ministry or by veterinary health technicians / technicians under their supervision, or by freelance veterinarians within the scope of the protocol signed.

Ps Maybe Mods could to encourage animal lovers posting could start a section ..

Last edited:

enoch

View attachment 21105

All you Northerners living in Turkey will have to take your ferrets out of your trousers and have them chipped before 2022 LOL ... as new Turkish law is to be be applied ....

Owner cats, dogs and ferrets must be identified

According to the protocol signed between the General Directorate of Food Control of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry and the Turkish Veterinary Medical Association (TVHB), owned dogs will be required to be individually identified and registered as of 2022.

A subcutaneous microchip will be applied to cats, dogs and ferrets and it can be read through the hand terminal. From now on, the owner of the abandoned cat and dog on the street can be read with the hand terminal. All diseases of the animal's past, especially rabies vaccine, will be recorded. Microchip application can be carried out by veterinarians working within the Ministry or by veterinary health technicians / technicians under their supervision, or by freelance veterinarians within the scope of the protocol signed.

Ps Maybe Mods could to encourage animal lovers posting could start a section ..
Does that also include feril mods

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
We have had puppies abandoned outside our house twice last year. On trhe first occasion I drove them 50km to the county animal shelter, which refused to accept them. I argued with them, spoke to the manager who would not accept them, finally i drove off and left the puppies outside their gate. I have been expecting a visit from the police ever since. If an animal centre won't accept abandoned puppies what are they there for? Oh, I know votes for the mayor.
I cannot see the requirement to microchip having any effect on the tw@t who abandonded the puppies. I do, have to commend the many people from the village who helped to feed, shelter and water the puppies.

Mushroom

That's not going to be popular with the ferrets. I didn't know they were in Turkey but if so- nice to know that our Yorkshire exports are still going strong?
They are great pets, I am told.

Hilsjw

If only these reckless people would have their cats and dogs nurtured in the first place. These unfortunate unwanted kittens and puppies would not appear. I wonder if the state would bankroll the expense of nurturing ?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
If only these reckless people would have their cats and dogs nurtured in the first place. These unfortunate unwanted kittens and puppies would not appear. I wonder if the state would bankroll the expense of nurturing ?
In some towns the belediye and vets team together to neuter stray animals, they used to do it in Bodrum when we lived there.

Camden

Who said ferrets are a Yorkshire export ??? it seems the Turks have 8 varieties genus weasel to smallest ferret ...

Maybe these moor tea drinking Yorkshire types are descendants of the Turks Ee ba gum LOL ...

luv the Turkish name for ferret dağ gelinciği

5c6b9e650f254427e00f1006.jpg

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Gelincik also means weasal or poppy. We found one in our garage last year, it was a nightmare to catch and put out.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom