Overweght luggage
Today I flew Thomas Crook from Manchester to Antalya. At the check in I was told I had to pay £50.00 as our two cases were 5 kgs over the limit. No way were they as I had weighed these four times before setting off and they weighed just under 40 kgs. After paying the excess, bloomin dear foodstuffs, I saw someone I knew (on the same flight) whose luggage was 3 kg over the limit and they didn't have to pay anything.

I did mention scales calibriation and the girl on the check in said it's done once a week, I didn't ask to see the Certificate as it was so busy and as the queue to get through the departure gate was getting longer by the second I thought I'd probably end up late for the flight.

An email has been despatched to Thomas Crook's complaints department and I will let you know the outcome, probably I won't get anywhere.

Notice I didn't get a refund on the way back to the UK when my luggage was way under the 40 kgs limit!!!!

:mad2: Sue

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Overweght luggage
That is such an inflated price I thought Thomas Cook charged £7 a kilo overweight. I do hope that you get some recompense from them Sue.

juco

Overweght luggage
Were the scales you checked them on calibrated?

Might have been an idea to get her to weigh the cases at the next desk, to see if they shows the same weight.

Were both cases of equal weight? If one is say 25k and the other 15k you will be charged as 5k over even though the combined weight is 40k assuming thats your allowance.

You will be into a your word against theirs with TC

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Overweght luggage
They don't have the scales calibrated weekly. Torque wrenches used to build the engines for these aircraft are done only twice a year...they might calibrate these scales once every 6 months....I bet it's more then that though.

Bob

parrot

Overweght luggage
Before checking in I try to find an un-used checkin and sling our luggage on the scale and weigh it.

Martyn

Overweght luggage
I have small hand held weighing scales that I take in my case to weigh coming back as well.

Tess

Overweght luggage
Sometimes I think it just depends who you get - I have been overweight and not charged, overweight and charged, think it is just the luck of the draw at times, unfair I know, but that is the way it has been with me.

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Overweght luggage
...I have been overweight...
but that is the way it has been with me.

Would that be on the return trip Sharon?...after tucking into the puddings at Circus!!!
:evil:

...a bit rich coming from me - currently got my snout in a trough of Terry's All Gold chocs (an ungiven Christmas present - didn't get to meet up due to the snow so I thought what the heck!) oink oink
Carol x

Tess

Overweght luggage
Would that be on the return trip Sharon?...after tucking into the puddings at Circus!!!
:evil:

...a bit rich coming from me - currently got my snout in a trough of Terry's All Gold chocs (an ungiven Christmas present - didn't get to meet up due to the snow so I thought what the heck!) oink oink
Carol x

Yip that would be correct Carol, LOL!!! Well who could resist the puddies.
I have a box of Smarties in me tonight, won't sleep will be hyper all those E numbers LOL!!!

Maisie

Overweght luggage
Don't hold your breath waiting for Thomas Cook to reply. We were delayed for over twelve hours on a flight back to the UK in July. I am still waiting for them to confirm that the delay was due to a technical problem with the plane (as requested by my insurance company). My insurance company is being pernickety and will not accept Thomas Cook's explanation of "technical" unless they state specifically that it was the plane. Seems quite simple but TC cannot grasp this. I have requested this twice now, but they just send back letters saying the same thing. My last letter was sent on 14th November!

Many years ago I was charged for overweight luggage by Kenya Airways. Impossible, as we had the luggage weighed at check in at Malindi, Kenya for an internal flight to Nairobi. Could not have gained weight during the flight. It took me three months and many letters to get my money back from them.

You just have to persevere.

Maisie

Latest Posts

Top Bottom