ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Overcoming The Challenges of Life Abroad
'Moving abroad is an incredibly daunting and challenging undertaking that throws up all sorts of hurdles – however, the experience is so positively life-changing that if you commit to it you will reap rewards.

Whilst there are many well-documented advantages to becoming an expatriate, particularly if you want to broaden your cultural, spiritual and actual horizons, there are some downsides to living your life as a foreigner in a foreign land. For some people, these potential hurdles outweigh any benefits they could conceivably gain, and they stay put in their old life'.

Here

C

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
'Moving abroad is an incredibly daunting and challenging undertaking that throws up all sorts of hurdles – however, the experience is so positively life-changing that if you commit to it you will reap rewards.

Whilst there are many well-documented advantages to becoming an expatriate, particularly if you want to broaden your cultural, spiritual and actual horizons, there are some downsides to living your life as a foreigner in a foreign land. For some people, these potential hurdles outweigh any benefits they could conceivably gain, and they stay put in their old life'.

Here

C

That,s very true.

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
When we decided to move over to Turkey people kept saying you are so brave, I could never understand why they said this to me. Yes of course there are pros and cons but as you advance in years so it is stimulating to go forward and try different things.
Just yesterday I was talking to a friend on SkyPe (see this is something new that I would never have thought necessary before moving out here) we had nearly an hour for nothing. But I have gone off my point, whilst talking to her we discussed the UK and Turkey and food prices, and behaviour patterns and after 5 years I still think we made the right decision. He son got beaten up for no reason by a gang of rowdies, quite seriously injured. The police came and said well there are no camera's in the immediate area so we cannot prove anything so you had best get yourself to hospital. My idea of policemen were the sort you could go up to and say "whats the time", "I am lost", etc I watched a TV programme on traffic cops and to be honest they were as big a thugs as the so called criminals they were after.
Oh England my country where have you gone?

Akasya

Postless Pointer
For some i agree, for other it seems that they blithely and happily move from country to country every few years. Then eventually put down roots or go back home. It is i believe mor so with the educated young today, they see the continuous deception of big business and successive governments on their parents and friends and do not want to fall for the three card trick. As did so many of us.

Apologies for broadening the topic.

Steve.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom