McDHibs

Outrageous new trend from new members.

“Hello I’m so and so I have a villa to sell”, total number of posts between 1 and 3 what a bloody cheek and on a site run and owned by a man who livelihood is selling property.

Mushtaq I would never try to tell you how to run your forum but I think you need to introduce a new rule that to try and stop this. My suggestion would be a selling forum that you have to have posted 50 times before you can enter and advertise and remove any posts from the main forum from people trying to break the rules.

The only bad side of this I can see is robbing Peregrine of his fun.

Seriously though I would like to bet that I am not alone in finding this situation a complete pain.

Rant over

Mike

Smiler

I totally agree. There was a thread not so long ago asking if people selling their houses on here should pay a fee and some people were up in arms at the bare cheek of an estate agent wishing to make an income from a service he provides!!

Guz1

It seems to be worse this year than in the past. Maybe it is time to charge a fee. Waiving the fee for members with 50 or whatever posts won't have much impact, e.g. "welcome to the forum" x 50 equals fifty posts.

I agree that perhaps members that have not been on the forum for 6 months should not be allowed to post property sales. It does seem that there are more and more of them from newer members. I'm not suggesting anything about the sales except that the forum is about more than a cheap place to sell your house. I do not think there should be any charging to use this forum however even to sell property...

Mushtaq

Administrator
I also get fedup but not had the time to implement the changes I wanted to do until today, so from today only the established members will be able to post any property for sale adverts on the forum and only in the designated section, the forum software will check automatically and new members will not be able to post anything in that area.

Any property for sale adverts in other sections will be removed and persistent offenders will be banned.

Fastlady

hi Mushtaq,
when you say 'property' I presume you are talking about houses etc, not 'personal property' - household items etc.
Am I correct?

Higgy

Higgy
Good on you Mushtaq some were taking liberties.

How about - Coffee Table for sale £30k sterling, comes with a free 2 bed apartment. LOL

Mushtaq

Administrator
hi Mushtaq,
when you say 'property' I presume you are talking about houses etc, not 'personal property' - household items etc.
Am I correct?

Yes, although I am also looking at a classified adverts system for the site to make other type of adverts easier to manage, but that will come later.

McDHibs

Wow Mushtaq that was quick just wondering what else I can wish for ok here goes.

I’m fed up with not getting offered any free Ferrari’s.........

Thank you Mushtaq

Mike

ted j

Meant In The Nicest Possible Way, What Is An Established Member? Ted

ronzeus

I would say someone who actually tries to help and interacts with fellow members. :high5:

Mushtaq

Administrator
I have always tried to keep the two sides separate (CrescentHomes and TLF) I advertise CrescentHomes here just as any other agency can and have done in the past, I myself contribute more as a general member than as CrescentHomes as I think there would be conflict of interests.

I answer questions if I know the answer, the forum is a free service and I spent enough of my own time on running and maintaining it, I can't afford to also dedicate office staff time to answering queries that everyone wants answers to for free, when there is a mention of fees most people lose interest, running a business in Turkey is not easy or cheap.

The staff at CrescentHomes in Turkey do check the forum from time to time but do not participate as much as I would like, they are mainly busy running the office, again I don't want them to spend too much time on here as that would seem like I am trying to influance potential buyers, you will rarely find out customers commenting or recommending CrescentHomes as that would not be fair to other members/agents either.

So the decision to stop people just joining to advertise their properties has nothing to do with my involvement with CrescentHomes but more to do with people taking the p*ss, the advertising of member properties is still free for established members (that is criteria based on number of posts, reputation and how long they have been member)

Anyone else who want to advertise their properties for sale will need to pay for a banner advert just like other businesses.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom