northpole

The Penguin Rules
Origins Of The Med
[Excuse the spelling and Grammer]
l have been fascinated by how the many countries of the world were formed.But what l find more intriging is the making of the Mediterrinian Sea.
The tectonic plates of Africa and the Plates on the European side have moved to create the coastline we enjoy today.This allowed the Atlantic sea to pour into a Basin we now call the Mediterrinian sea.

The area of the Basin was dry with pockets of fresh water and many agriculturial plains before all this ever took place.An ideal place for human settlements to live comfortably.There's plenty of evidence out there where human settlers lived.North of Eygpt are the remants of many buildings along the coast.And to think when we go swimming along the Med coast,you could be swimming over a settlement where your ancient ancesters lived.

l love to work out how certian countries can fit together with another country just like a jigsaw puzzle.Look at Turkey's western coastline and compare it to the eastern coastline of Greece.These two countries can fit nicely together as one piece,creating one country.
Here is a clip of how the Med was formed

The same happened to the Black sea.When the Med basin filled,so did the Black sea basin when the pennisular opened up from an upheaval.The rush of the Atlantic waters poured in the Basin giving the settlers no chance of escape.The Black Basin was below the level of the Med at that time resembling a biblical flood cascading down into another basin.Can you just imagine the scene knowing a water source is from an ocean.

Last edited:
Origins Of The Med
I sometimes wish that I had studied geology, not too late I suppose.

It is the time scale that fascinates me and I look in awe at some of the angles of the exposed strata.

northpole

The Penguin Rules
Origins Of The Med
What l also find fascinating is the land mass that started off as one big chunk of earth which will turn out to be the continents we dwell on today.They started to crack up,like an egg bashed by a spoon. During the activity taking place from the tetonic plates sliding on the mantle must have created a scene of riding on a roller coaster.

l suppose the energy was coming from under the mantle in a form of a high heated magma which was it's source of activity.lt was so active at that time,the place was resembling a nuclear holocaust buffeting by a sea of soup like concoction.l would compare that to a pan boiling away on a hob.

Africa and the America's were connected together during those times. But were seperated by the cavity in the middle of the atlantic[l forgot what that cavity was called] leaving awe inspiring evidence behind of many fossilized prehistoric creatures on the Americas to be discovered.Allosaurus was roaming the plains of Dakota which were venturing out further from the african plains.
l do believe what is happening under our very feet is the atlantic plates are pushing the countries further out where the eastern Asian side of the continent will crash with the western side of the America's,leaving a massive mountianous region in it's wake.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom