YDR

Opening a bank account and getting TTN before residency
Hi,

I'm aware that I need a TTN both to get a bank account and to apply for residency.

However I'm probably not going to be at my current address more than a couple of weeks before renting a place for 3-4 months whilst applying for residency.

My question is whether applying for a TTN and then bank account now is going to cause issues if I then change my address before applying for residency? Or is it easy to change address?

So in essence should I apply for the TTN and then bank account now, or wait until I have the address and apartment contract that I will use to apply for residency with? Thanks!

Ken Grubb

A change of address won't affect your ability to open or keep a bank account. But don't change your address during the residence permit application process (between when you apply online and when you receive your residence permit card). If you apply online with one address then go to your appointment with another, your application will be canceled.

You don't need a Turkish bank account to apply for a residence permit. In my case both in February of 2021 when I extended my short-term residence permit, and just a few days ago in June 2021 when I applied for my long-term residence permit, they just needed to see a regular copy of the last six months of my bank transactions (from an account in the USA).

YDR

Thanks. Need a Turkish bank account anyway if I'm going to order from a lot of Turkish online retailers though, as it seems many won't accept international cards or PayPal.

Wasn't sure if address changes for TTN / bank account might cause ructions with the residency process.

Last edited:

Ken Grubb

I use my Turkish bank card for transactions in Turkey. Once you get a Turkish bank account, they'll send you a bank card in the mail. My bank, Yapıkredi, even gave me the option of having my card sent to my local Yapıkredi branch where I could pick it up.

Address changes won't create problems with your tax number or your bank account. Your tax number isn't attached to any address. And the immigration office system doesn't connect with your bank or whatever information you have there. They just want to be sure you're living where you say you're living.

Last edited:

YDR

Thanks. That clarifies things. I wasn't sure if the various systems were conversant.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom