Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
One year since our move to Davutlar.
When we were in Spain we were around 90secs walk to pub
Thought that was amazing but here in Turkey that trek has been cut down to approx 30secs
Cheers!

sligogent

Hi SligoGent
Apartments are between 35_45 K euros for a new build.
Older ones can be picked up cheaper.
Davutlar is very popular with the Turks so it has expanded ten fold in the last 10 years.
We live on around 12k a year Stirling so your budget is well in hand.
Plus the bonus of interest rates.
The area is very cheap to live compared to most other areas.
23 km of flat sandy beaches,great forwslking and cycling.
Winters can be wet ,you just don't know when it will come,300 days of sunshine tells a story though.
Many expats leave in Jan and Feb for Canary Island,Goa etc.
I think you may like Guzelcamli.
Heating we just have an electric fire and an oil radiator,but our house is a rarity with full insulation throughout and underneath .Apartmentstendto bewarmer also.
New month and still in Darkness over travel out of Ireland, Been looking at Apartment on net in Davultar reasonable price I think, but a lot of new builds, but small balconies, and they have pipe work for central heating, good idea I think, but is it very cold in Winter months in Kusadsai
As you mention before have a look at Guzelcamli,, good suggestion as it look nice not over built and is that the case presently as Google satellite might be old, nice 2 storey, are they 2 separate apartment or 1 house, Is Guzelcamli a small village and is it quite in Winter months , It appears to be mainly flat, hopefully so,

kevkj

Tj
New month and still in Darkness over travel out of Ireland, Been looking at Apartment on net in Davultar reasonable price I think, but a lot of new builds, but small balconies, and they have pipe work for central heating, good idea I think, but is it very cold in Winter months in Kusadsai
As you mention before have a look at Guzelcamli,, good suggestion as it look nice not over built and is that the case presently as Google satellite might be old, nice 2 storey, are they 2 separate apartment or 1 house, Is Guzelcamli a small village and is it quite in Winter months , It appears to be mainly flat, hopefully so,
The good thing about both Guzelcamli and Davutlar both are flat areas.Rare for Turkey.
Guzelcamli is lovely and enough there open for winter.
It can get old in January and February but apartments best forkeeping the heat in.
Oh and always remember never buy a top or bottom floor.

sligogent

Tj

The good thing about both Guzelcamli and Davutlar both are flat areas.Rare for Turkey.
Guzelcamli is lovely and enough there open for winter.
It can get old in January and February but apartments best forkeeping the heat in.
Oh and always remember never buy a top or bottom floor.
Some nice update from you Guzelcamli , I would never dream about buying a ground or first floor apartment, but top of house in a small building is my preference for sound mainly and views if in a nice area, why would you be against top floors apartment, interested in reading your reply

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Some nice update from you Guzelcamli , I would never dream about buying a ground or first floor apartment, but top of house in a small building is my preference for sound mainly and views if in a nice area, why would you be against top floors apartment, interested in reading your reply
I guess because they gain too much solar energy during the summer through the poorly insulated roof, and lose too much heat that you have paid for in the winter through the poorly insulated roof.

kevkj

I guess because they gainever buy bottom because of damp
I guess because they gain too much solar energy during the summer through the poorly insulated roof, and lose too much heat that you have paid for in the winter through the poorly insulated roof.

Top floor water ,bootm floor damp I was always advised
n too much solar energy during the summer through the poorly insulated roof, and lose too much heat that you have paid for in the winter through the poorly insulated roof.

enoch

We have lived first floor 15 years no damp. When you say bottom floor do you mean zemin kat, which is ground floor. We bought first floor for health reasons and no regret not like the ones in the top floors when there is power cut. If damp is a problem what about villa's do they all have damp?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
We have lived first floor 15 years no damp. When you say bottom floor do you mean zemin kat, which is ground floor. We bought first floor for health reasons and no regret not like the ones in the top floors when there is power cut. If damp is a problem what about villa's do they all have damp?
Many do have damp yes. half the problem is that in Turkey there is no where for the rainwater to go from the downpipe. there is very rarely an actual drain at the bottom of the downpipe, so the water sits in the foundations.

sligogent

Agree with you on something, but if there is a Pitch Roof, Dampness should not be a problem, But ones with Corrugated roofs forget them
Flat roofs always give problem, Cant use Asphalt in Turkey too hot

Latest Posts

Top Bottom