JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
One leg
Hope i'm putting this in the right place !!!!!!!
We are going to Calis in a couple of weeks time, and can anybody tell me what the beach is like, ie is the waters edge steep or can you just kinda stroll into the sea.
The reason i'm asking is that hubbie only has one leg :77wu: and do you think it would be difficult for him to get into the water.
He will have to crawl in and out :77wu:

Jeannie

GnD

One leg
I thinks its just a path then sand then sea. All fairly flat when we drove passe but I think that might depend upon where you park.

Does he use any support at all as sand is heavy going for me in flip flops with two legs! I know Paul tells us he sure gets around so......
:25:

Debbie Xx

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
One leg
Hi Debbie, yeh he sure gets around allright!!!!!!!!
Do you know if it's a gently shelving beach or one of those one with a steep bit at the start, cos our hotel has not got a pool but it's directly opposite the beach , so we will be using that everyday :77wu:

Jeannie

ronzeus

One leg
No problems for him getting round Calis as it is pretty flat,but watch in the water as there are sudden drops of a foot or so in places.

GnD

One leg
See I would not have known that! Phew.

hope you have a great time. wish I had my next trip all booked...............

pebble

One leg
good luck.
does he use crutches or a cane?
my son uses crutches, (CP) and when we first came here, i was a nervous wreck (6-7 yrs ago)
he woul walk into the beach with his crutches, then leave them at the edge of the sea. and when he came out, it was often quite the spectacle.....but he figured out a system. sometimes it was crawling, but the sand was way too hot for that.

and he fell a lot....but he had fun

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
One leg
Oh well, thats me drowned on my hols and maybe Victor too :77wu: I like to feel my feet when in the water, i hate going out of my depth Aghhhhhh

Pebble,

He will crawl to the sea, just like the old crab that he is :77wu: Only joking, !!!!!!!!

Jeannie

dalyansteve

One leg
You will have to try a day out in Dalyan, Iztuzu beach, it slopes so gently it takes about twenty minutes to get thoroughly wet, nice firm sand too, my 96 year old mum loves it and she is not too steady on her feet. Calis is about 4 steps in and you are out of your depth, still nice though, we sometimes go for a change of scenery.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
One leg
OMG, not looking forward to that now. Is it far to that beach at Dalyan from where we will be.

Thanks,

Jeannie

Akasya

Postless Pointer
One leg
If the waves are crashing in, then sometimes there is a shelf with a step down. Generally it is a smooth gradual gradient. Half way between the bridge and the Malhun Hotel is a small patch of flat focks submerged in shallow water, this is, once familiarised with, easy to negotiate for someone like me, who is unsteady on their ( 2 ) pins. For an experienced but somewhat less mobile person, it should, imho prove an excellent pathway into the water.
regards, Steve.

One leg
nope...not dalyan..incekum near avsallars the place for Victor..he can hop out waist high for yards.
He sounds great fun Jeannie(and u too) how did he lose his leg?

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
One leg
The stupid bugger was working on a building when it collasped and he fell 4 storeys all the way down to the ground. Broken back in 4 places, lucky to be alive i suppose.
Good days and bad. Never mind , with a sense of humour like mine [SICK] We get on with life cos there is allways someone worse off than us. :48:

Jeannie :3:

Reactions: GnD
One leg
Hi Akaysa.
Half way between the bridge and the Malhun Hotel is a small patch of flat focks submerged in shallow water,
Just wondering what a FOCK is :gulme: i asked a girl once in a swiming pool if she wanted ducking and she said no i could'nt even say it proper.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
One leg
Had a great time in Calis. Beach was a bit iffy, but one day we went along to one end and we had some sand. Victor didn't venture into the sea but i tried. I like to feel my feet on the bottom. :help:
Stayed at the Delta Hotel, what a great place. Had the rooftop suite, jacuzzi, sun loungers, table and chairs all on our balcony and the views were to die for. I put some pics in the members galleries. Going back again first week in September, same room, can't wait.

Jeannie

Latest Posts

Top Bottom