Camden

On This Day..
As we have established time and again on here me trying to teach you even the basics of our politics and history goes nowhere other than boring the membership to death

If I can get just one point across to you - again

Nationalism in Belfast or indeed Irish Nationalism in modern politics generally is absolutely nothing to so with the sort of British Nationalism you may encounter in London- indeed it's the polar opposite

Dont take my word for it research it read up on it- for an easy starting point start with what you know of British Nationalism and follow through where they stand and who they stand with in Belfast

If you cannot grasp the difference all I can say is read into it more or in your parties current style when confronted with any problem outside of W1 they dont understand - set up a focus group of middle class Londoners on the subject !!!

You like to make your politics personal "the man not the football " then again nationalism requires an enemy, an "other" a foil to thrive, so your comments meant to demean ...are like water off a ducks A** Understandable taking into account your ideology.

Sorry, but if you had anything to teach, I am sure it would have stuck in my memory.. all I see is a Myopic view... and a sliding over questions put ..You put up a example then can't follow it through when countered ....

Sorry, Ibo Abi .... but just answering posts put ...

Last edited:

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
On This Day..
Today marks the 77th anniversary of DDay, the beginning of the liberation of Western Europe from Nazi occupation.

This photo shows the then Prime Minister Winston Churchill visiting troops of the 50th Division in Caen, Normandy, a month after the successful landings.

IMG_20210606_121529.jpg

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
On This Day..
For all those that remember the games of old.
On this day in 1996 Quake (video game) was released.

Quake is a first-person shooter video game developed by id Software and published by GT Interactive in 1996. It is the first game in the Quake series.
In the game, players must find their way through various maze-like, medieval environments while battling a variety of monsters using an array of weaponry. The overall atmosphere is dark and gritty, with many stone textures and a rusty, capitalized font.

It was the successor to id Software's Doom series, Quake built upon the technology and gameplay of its predecessor.

220px-Quake1cover.jpg

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
On This Day..
OnThisDay last year.......the UK became the first country in the world to authorise the use of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

A year on, 🇬🇧 vaccination programme has:
💉 administered more than 115m doses
🏥 saved thousands of lives

Reactions: MJL

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
On This Day..
On this day....Pearl Harbor.
The attack on Pearl Harbor was a surprise military strike by the Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service upon the United States against the naval base at Pearl Harbor in Honolulu, Territory of Hawaii, just before 08:00, on Sunday, December 7, 1941.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
On This Day..
A cut and paste

On this day in 1901 Queen Victoria died at her home on the Isle of Wight. The first live radio commentary of a football match, Arsenal v Sheffield United the biggest club in Yorkshire, took place in 1927. In 1955 Joe Davis completed the first official 147 break at snooker, and the Boeing 747, jumbo jet, made it's first flight from New York to London in 1970, taking six and a half hours. Back in 1908, poor Katie Mulcahey was arrested in New York. Her crime......lighting a cigarette in public. She was fined $5. Have a great day 🌞🌞

Latest Posts

Top Bottom