On our way
At last we are on our way to our new life in Turkey. We complete on the sale of our house tomorrow and fly over on Sunday together with 20 bags of luggage!!

We are having our farewell do on Friday night and I know I will make a fool of myself crying when we have to say our goodbyes to all our family and friends. I feel sick at the thought of it.

Saturday will be even worse as we are taking our daughter, husband and 3 year old grandson out somewhere and the thought of not seeing them for a few months is horrendous. I have asked people not to come to the airport to see us off as I will probably be in a state and if family and friends are there I know I will spend at least the first part of the flight in bits.

At least I have booked a flight back for Christmas, I thought I'd do it now before the prices jump up.

Sue and Chris

Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
On our way
Re: On on way

Hi Sue and Chris

This is what you have worked hard for, so go and enjoy your new adventure. Your family and friends are only a short flight away. No doubt they are all jealous like I am and will be queueing up to visit you in your new home. Every best wish with you new life.

Maura

Last edited:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
On our way
Re: On on way

I wish you all the best with your new life. Good luck and keep us informed of how you're getting on.

C

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
On our way
Good luck to you both, just sit back and enjoy,keep us informed , tell us all about your party and how your flights went and everything else,cos i'm nosey :77wu:

Safe journey,

Jeannie :3:

Gail

On our way
If it is any consolation I went through exactly what you are going through now two years ago when we decided to come. I DID cry at our leaving do but so did lots of my friends so I didn't feel too daft and we took our 2 daughters, son and his girlfriend out the day before we flew and I had another cry. Don't worry about crying you would be crying more if you were leaving and there was nobody to say goodbye to. We didn't have anyone at the airport as like you I didn't want to be in bits on the plane :dizzy:.

We have had so many visitors since we have been here, loads of our friends have been over and of course our family. The hardest part is leaving so come Monday you will be feeling a big sense of relief.

Try and enjoy your last few days and good luck to you both in your new life over here :3:

On our way
You'll be amazed how relieved you feel next week when its all behind you. Remember, technology now is a wonderful thing, and you'll be able to see your grandchildren getting excited on Skype when they see granny and grandad talking to them from the sunshine and looking forward to their holidays with you. Our families are spread the length and breadth of the UK and I can honestly say that in the past four years we've seen more of them over here and for longer periods than we did in the UK. Infact I feel like a blinking hotelier constant trips to the airport, getting everything ready for them, cleaning rooms etc and trying to fit people in for vacant dates!!!!!!!!!!!
And its only 4hrs away so you can get back when you feel the need. But remember, you made the decision so you can enjoy your retirement together, in a happy, warm, healthy-eating environment. I hope like us, you'll look back and say "why didnt we do it earlier." All the best for your big day.

Martyn

On our way
Good luck with your move and hope it all works out for you both. This is your time now, you've given your life to your family up to now.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
On our way
Martyn's right. There comes a time in family life where you have to be a little selfish for once. Its a new chapter for you, so grab it with both hands and enjoy it:)

maggie

On our way
Good Luck in your move.

And as people say the U.K. is only 4 hours away.

Let us know how the move goes.

I hope the only tears you cry will be of happiness when you arrive here.

Hugs Maggie xxx

carolk

R.I.P
On our way
Lots of happiness in your new home and, plenty of visits from your loved ones will make it all worthwhile. Enjoy your new life. :peace:

nanamo

On our way
Congratulations on your move, i hope its packed with everything you hope for and we send you every good wish for a long and happy retirement. We hope to be in the same position one day so would love to keep in touch. I for one would love to hear all about your move, where you have chosen to settle and more about your house, I'm admitting to being nosy but I bet you are dying to show off your new home. Molly x

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
On our way
Best of luck & keep posting your exploits/experiences - I love reading them.
Carol x
:roundgrin

On our way
Once we are there I will let you all know how we got on with our 20 items of baggage (if they all arrive, as it is a BA flight), no doubt it will make you all laugh.

:77wu:

Sue

Ceni

Ceni
On our way
Hi Sue....... You'll be fine, sad, happy, excited and scared all at the same time, I know I was. Just think of all the lovely visits to come. As someone has already said, you'll be the envy of everyone.
Ride through the @Homesickness@ bit with a quick call to someone and then get your a** back out in the sunshine :eek:))))

Latest Posts

Top Bottom