maggie

On or off.
Here in Akbuk we are in the middle of a horrific thunderstorm!!!

Now here is the question should I turn all my electric off or not.???

When I was young my parents and grandparents would always switch everything off until the thunder and lightening had passed.

What do you folks do.??????
Hugs Maggie xx:help:

Saoirse

On or off.
my grandmother always told me this wee rhyme so I could remember

when its stormy

always watch your luck

cos if the lightening hits your house

you,re well """"""

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
On or off.
Turn it off to be on the safe side !!! I always do , And my mum always coverd the mirror !!! I just draw the curtains , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Diane

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
On or off.
Maggie, to be on the safe side I would unplug everything, I didn't have a power surge protector on my computer when there was an horrific storm here in the UK, in 2006, and my hard drive was damaged beyoned repair. I learnt an expensive lesson.

maggie

On or off.
Thing is if I turn it all off I cant chat with you bunch.!!!

My Nan and I used to hide under her big table covered with a thick chenille table cloth.

My Grandpop would bring us cheese sandwiches and old fashioned lemonade.

Hugs Maggie xx

Martyn

On or off.
Thing is if I turn it all off I cant chat with you bunch.!!!

My Nan and I used to hide under her big table covered with a thick chenille table cloth.

My Grandpop would bring us cheese sandwiches and old fashioned lemonade.

Hugs Maggie xx

Catch up later then Maggie :lol:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
On or off.
definitely unplug all equip possible, including telephones
as a bt engineer many years ago, i was called to lightning strikes and witnessed the damage, phones literally evaporated, just a burn mark where they were, tvs videos etc completely zapped, it usually comes in via the tv aerial, phone line or electrical system looking for a route to earth

i dont exaggerate !

martin

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
On or off.
We've learnt our lesson. When there's a storm, even with a UPS, we disconnect everything including phones.

mollag

Kipper restorer
On or off.
definitely unplug all equip possible, including telephones
as a bt engineer many years ago, i was called to lightning strikes and witnessed the damage, phones literally evaporated, just a burn mark where they were, tvs videos etc completely zapped, it usually comes in via the tv aerial, phone line or electrical system looking for a route to earth

i dont exaggerate !

martin

Quite right, physical separation is the only way, high voltage will jump a switch in the off position, it will fry a small surge protector in millisecs, and gentlemen dont forget a safety condom!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom