Olive Grove Village - Beldibi,Marmaris - **Urgent
Do you have a property in Olive Grove Village, do you have your TAPU? After 6 years I still do not have my TAPU - do you know what is happening with Sabhat? My solicitor tells me things are now coming to a head - he wants 9000TL to enable us to sue - is this a wise move?

Any help/ advice most welcome

Margaret

Sarahlou

Margaret, I am sorry to hear your predicament. You find yourself in a situation which many of us have found ourselves in. After 3 years I had no tapus and started to question things, A year later I began court proceedings. From personal experience I can tell you that there is no Governement body anywhere in your home country or Turkey who will give you any assistance at all. Don't be taken in either by anyone who tells you they will help you sort out your problem, or that they will get you your tapu for a fee, many of us have learnt by hard experience, that there are many who will try to cash in on the misfortunes of others. You need your solicitor to do a search to find out the extent of the debts owed by this Sahbat, have banks, taxman and other people already put charges on his assets. The more creditors registered before you the less chance you have of recompense.Ask realistically what your chances of geting your money back is, is 9000tl the full cost of taking a court action to the end (I honestly don't think so) the last thing you want is to go ahead and then down the line be told that to progress you need to pay more, then make your decision. Can you afford to loose 9000tl legal fees, and in my experiencethis is only the tip of the iceberg.
From my own experience the decision to sue is one you must make for yourself weighing up the costs, and your ability to shoulder the expense on top of what you have already paid for your property. It is a decision which we agonised over for months. You have my sincere sympathy for the situation in which you find yourself.

Last edited:

smile48

Do you have a property in Olive Grove Village, do you have your TAPU? After 6 years I still do not have my TAPU - do you know what is happening with Sabhat? My solicitor tells me things are now coming to a head - he wants 9000TL to enable us to sue - is this a wise move?

Any help/ advice most welcome

Margaret
Hi Margaret
My name is Christine. What number do you live at. We have had our house on Olive Grove for 6 years and still no Tapu. To be honest, I wouldn't waste your money on a solicitor as even if you won your case which could take forever, Sabahat hasn't any money to pay up or finish the rest of the properties either! Speak to the Bascan to see if he has any update. Good luck with whatever you decide to do,

Christine

Hi! Thanks for your reply. My apartment is 31F looking straight on to the swimming pool - next door to Ann Marie if you know her.

I could not affor the solicitor fees even if I wanted to, so I have no option other than to wait it out and hope for the best. Who is the Bascan?

I believe there are not many people who have their Tapu in Olive Grove, so I suppose we are all in it together. However, we really should start to gather names etc., of owners - just in cas we have one almighty fight on our hands!!

Best wishes

Margaret

Sarahlou

Margret, If it is a case that few if any have tapus, then your first course of action is to get in touch with as many people as possible, you will probably find that everyone will have contact details for someone. You really need to organise yourselves and come together as a group. In 2006/2007 most of the apartments on our complex were purchased. by 2009 we still had no tapus, unfortuantely I had also invested with our builder and learnt in June 2009 that the first of the properties I lost was gone. I had been worried before that and had sought legal advice. To cut a long story short, I managed to persuade the other owners that we needed to do something otherwise we woud loose everything. Many said these are our apartments, we've paid for them. The penny took a long time to drop - No tapu - you don't own it. I got into talks with our landower, (nothing to do with the builder), it took about 18 mths to organise the owners, and get everyone together. We produced our contracts, got everyone together, owners, landowner and a solicitor and came to an agreement that we paid all the outstanding debts left by the builder to make the complex debt free and the landowner transferred the tapus to the rightful owner, bypassing the builder. it was a lot of hard work especially getting owners to face up to reality but now we have a well run well kept complex over which we are in full control. if you are to have any sort of an outcome, you must get together, sitting back and waiting after 6 years is no longer an option. As a group any expense shared among you will be a lot more manageable than going it alone. You've already made a start, there's you, Christine and you mention Anne Marie, how many others do you know between the 3 of you and who do they know, you've got the ball rolling, get in contact and then make a decision as a group and find out if there is a landowner as opposed to just your builder and you may be lucky as we were that he is an honest individual.

Good luck

Hilsjw

That's VERY good advice Sarahlou. I hope they take it on board.

SteveRidley

I have just spotted this thread but I may be too late to reply.
I also own a villa at Olive Grove and have not got a TAPU. I agree it is time for all TAPUless owners to get together and formulate a plan: pay for legal representation, buy out Sabahat, Pay the Joscans a figure to allow him to finish the site etc etc. I have been kept up to date by Kent Agency, but they are also powerless to act.
If there is anybody still reading this please post reply so that we can poolo resources.
Steve.

paulmac

We bought a villa in olivegrove in 2004 and still do not have our Tapu, same goes for Brians villa and Marinas villa just below us.

The couple in the villa below have spoken with the landlord and the last I heard the landlord is not releasing any Tapu's until Sabahat makes good on all her promises to him. I do not know the exact details but I heard the landlord had taken Sabahat to court.

We tried using a solicitor a few years ago but just ended up wasting our money as the problems are complex, apparently the local council were also promised a new powerstation and that wasnt provided so there are issues also between the council and Sabahat.

Now, We are just sitting tight and waiting for it all to come straight if it ever does.

Jamster

Jamster
PM Celtic for advice - he is a Turkish Lawyer and might be able to help you all organize...

All the best -

Jim.

Nick Kimber

I have just spotted this thread but I may be too late to reply.
I also own a villa at Olive Grove and have not got a TAPU. I agree it is time for all TAPUless owners to get together and formulate a plan: pay for legal representation, buy out Sabahat, Pay the Joscans a figure to allow him to finish the site etc etc. I have been kept up to date by Kent Agency, but they are also powerless to act.
If there is anybody still reading this please post reply so that we can poolo resources.
Steve.

Steve,

I have been chasing since I bough off plan back in 2006. Some have got Tapu's but I am wanting to sell mine but no chance without a TAPU unless someone happy to take it cash and chase locally. I am thinking of renting it out to at least get some money. I have a work colleague who's father lives in Akyaka (british) and he has potential links to Sabahat as she was building a development there as well. I have also got links to local estate agents who have looked over the property and said it was very nice and will do what they can to help. Typically without the TAPU we are struggling.

You can reach me by PM if you need my support

Regards,

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom