immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Old Style Licences
Old style Turkish driving licences need to be replaced before end of this year, I am told. Replacement is only 15TL, but of course the rigmarole to do it includes medical, police check and photos.

Ian

Last edited:

butt007

Warren
Old Style Licences
Correct, Turkish driving licenses DO need to be renewed by January 2020. I renewed mine in August.
Originally I was told that I would have to go for an hearing test and an eye test. However, not so. I went to the Devlet Hastanasi in Alanya and they told me to go see the local family Doctor near to were we live in Konakli.
So I did. Took my old license, passport, and long term residence card. He did whatever he did on his computer and printed out a paper. He then told me to take it to the Nufus Office to get my new license.
I said to him...…" Bur don't I have to have eye test and hearing test first?) He said...…"No. just go to Nufus Office, you will get your new license through the post" So, went to the office and no problem, had my fingerprints taken and signed some papers. Then was told that I would get it about 4 days later by post which it did. Butt007:28:

PS Did not have to go to the police, but did take 4 new photos

Last edited:

bickern

Old Style Licences
Correct, Turkish driving licenses DO need to be renewed by January 2020. I renewed mine in August.

Where does it say that? 31/12/2020 is the last date it says on web site, December not January.

-----------------------------------------------------------
What is the deadline for a new license?

Replacement of old type driving licenses is planned to be completed within five (5) years from 01/01/2016 to 31/12/2020. From this date, the old driver's license will be invalid. If you do not wish to change your old driving license at this time, it is not mandatory to change your driving license before specified deadline. You can use your old driver's license until the specified date.
-----------------------------------------------------------

https://www.sozcu.com.tr/2019/ekono...r-iste-ehliyet-yenileme-suresi-szcu1-4701039/

Over a year left yet, unless you or anyone knows different from a source other than Facebook.

Last edited:

butt007

Warren
Old Style Licences
I never saw the websight, was just told by the police "renew 2020" a couple of years ago, so assumed they meant by January 2020. My mistake. But thanks for the info Bickern. So mine will last now till the year 2029. But doubt that I will be around by then ha,ha. Butt007

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Old Style Licences
From Duvar:
"Turkey to add driver’s license info to digital ID cards
Turkey will be including driver’s license information on digital identification cards starting on Sept. 18, Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu said. The ministry is also contemplating merging digital signature data, bank card information and health insurance plans on IDs, Soylu added"

https://www.duvarenglish.com/domest...dds-drivers-license-info-to-digital-id-cards/

Ian

Latest Posts

Top Bottom