Old Kinedos
Never mind Kindeos! Has anyone investigated Old Kinedos. I have a place in Datca and spend hours exploring ancient remains that are literally washing away out to see. So much history. Soon it will be gone!

kaplumba

Old Kinedos
Yes Hippychick my villa overlooks old Knidos and my favourite beach is there. Haven't found any remains of the more interesting variety though. Thought they could be displayed in my garden as an alternative to gnomes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Kinedos
hi ..Knidos..or Cnidos..had an ancient cult statue of Aphrodite..the godess of love. the statue and the cult surrounding it was famous and made Cnidos a big tourist attraction in antiquity. the original statue has been lost but faithful copies of it exist in different museums...Aphrodite of Cnidos. and of course being a place of dedication to the godess of love the area had many brothels etc!!

kaplumba

Old Kinedos
Old Knidos is another site and pre dates Knidos. It is 1.5km from the center of Datca. The inhabitants left this site and moved down the peninsula to a better trading position. That is the better known and more modern site of Knidos where the statue of Aphrodite was. Old Knidos is relativley undiscovered/ unknown and you can just wander around picking up stuff.

Old Kinedos
Thank you kaplumba. Old Knidos is a different site from the one on the end of the Datca peninsula. So where do you live? I have an apartment in Datca and my mother is having a villa build in Old Datca. When do you go out. Tell me about yourself!

Dont you think it is sad that all that ancient history just seems to be crumbling into the sea!

kaplumba

Old Kinedos
I'm going out on 21st Oct with my husband and son plus mates. my villa overlooks old Knidos. No doubt i'll see you there. Seen any good Kaplumba (tortoises) near your place lately.

Old Kinedos
Actually yes......A good friend of mine saw a slow old tortoise when we were looking at my apartment before it was finished.............funnily enough her place is fairly near Old Kinedos. Yes maybe I will see you there. !!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom