JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
"oglu"
i see quite a few names in Turkey end with "oglu" does it have a meaning or is it just like our "smith / brown.
ie Curbanoglu/ Metinoglu etc.

Jeannie

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
"oglu"
Thanks for that, i got told that a while ago but i thought they were winding me up. {not hard}

Cheers,

Jeannie

pebble

"oglu"
and oglu is used in choice swear words......
for example
esek oglu esek, which when used sounds like (phonetically:) esholeshek - son of a donkey.....this is used quite often, as kids, it was the common insult.
then we have
kopek oglu kopek (dog son of dog) sounds like kopeolukope
worse one
it oglu it - bitch son of a bitch - itoluit

i cant think of any others now, but these are choice cuss words for kids, and a lot of adults use them too...most adults here in turkey, would never use the word **** or F*uck, or some of the other vile words that we have allowed to become commonplace in the english language..........i use S*HIT every other word......used in a southern drawl, i think its hysterical....IT SOUNDS like sheat, and i like the way the irish say it....shite...but it hasnt fallen into place with my speech pattern
but in turkish, i never use any words like that, it just isnt considered normal..........

Last edited:

Abo

Abo
"oglu"
Pebble I'm shocked that you would even know such language I had to cover my eyes as I read this:gulme:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom