bobthenob

Non Active Member
Off Plan Betrayal
A complex bought by families and couples now found out after waiting for 5 years for their tapu,have now had a restraint order put on these properties to recoup the depths this builder has accumulated.The complex's are in Altinkum called the Safir Apartments.

The builders name is Altay Cetin and the Agent acting on behalf of the builder is Blue Sea estate agent.The couples bought these properties off plan with the promise of their tapu's being issued,which never materialized{no surprises there].The builder is in jail at the moment on fraud charges with depths of 500,000ytl.The creditors are auctioning these properties off to pay off these depths.

A night mare in the making once again,due to manipulating the minds in their favour to rob people from their money.Please avoid the off plans and new builds to avoid future nightmares.Always go for the resales,because of the many advantages of what a resale can give you,where a off plan and new builds cannot.

lf you are the victim of this terrible fraud,please make a comment on here.l wish you all the best in getting what is rightfully yours and the culprits severely punished for what they have done.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Off Plan Betrayal
Do you mean the builder's debts?

Yes

The builder has debts of 500,000ytl and a restraining order has been issued to auction off theses properties,to pay of the debts.

By rights the people that bought these properties weren't legally entitled in owning them,since they did not have the tapu to state ownership of the property,even though they have payed all the monies up front.

Last edited:

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Off Plan Betrayal
Bob, I think this is the story in Voices is it not? Perhaps you should point this out so that people know its a newspaper story and not gossip that you picked up.

Whenever there is a post about Real Estate, you keep advising the following:

"Always go for the resales,because of the many advantages of what a resale can give you,where a off plan and new builds cannot."

Please explain the difference in depth between buying a resale and a new build as to make a statement like this you really need to know what you are talking about.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Off Plan Betrayal
Bob, I think this is the story in Voices is it not? Perhaps you should point this out so that people know its a newspaper story and not gossip that you picked up.

Please explain the difference in depth between buying a resale and a new build as to make a statement like this you really need to know what you are talking about.

l don't need to since this has already been explained many times,by me and also by the members of the pitfalls involved in buying new builds and off plans.And yes, the story is from the voice.
Here are a few of many links on the subject of scams going on with new builds and off plans.
http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/cafe/24148-offplan-resales.html
http://www.turkishliving.com/forums...ry-evil/21614-avoiding-fraudulant-emlaks.html
http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/buying-property-turkey-north-cyprus/20656-off-plan-don-t.html

Last edited:

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Off Plan Betrayal
Resale, Resale, Resale, every time. I do not know the ins and outs of buying off plan but to me it is stupid to tie up money for years and years and years with no real prospect of the property ever being completed.
We bought our villa in october 2002 and by mid December had our tapu. Paid 10% and some legal expenses in October and the balance when we had our tapu. Now to me that transaction makes sense. Once people get involved in off plan there are agreements to pay so much at one stage, then so much at another stage and so on and so on then there is all the expense of coming to Turkey and finding accommodation because the property you are having built is not ready and in some cases never will be. With resale what you see is what you get.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Off Plan Betrayal
Always think resale,because the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages of an off-plan and new builds.

Last edited:

Harem

I've cliqued
Off Plan Betrayal
We bought off plan (well, almost, the apartments were just concrete blocks). But from then on our experience is identical to that of Rosewall 1. We paid a deposit in May, paid the balance in July, moved in at the end of October and by December we had our tapu and every other thing necessary.

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Off Plan Betrayal
Sorry Bob, I dont accept that - You continually post advice on here and you are not an Emlak or as far as I know do not work in the business. I would like you to back up your advice and tell us your understanding of the difference between buying and Resale and buying a New Build, in depth please.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Off Plan Betrayal
What i glean from bobs posts is this, lately many people, and i do mean many, have found they have lost their monies by fruadulant means. The vast majority have been thru new sales and off plan deals. Crooks have been applying for tapus, they have sold, in their own names and mortgaging them. The crooks flit or fold the company and the tapus are foreclosed on by the bank.
To my mind the most hazardous area to buy is off plan/new buid based solely on the actual experiences of posters and people i know personally.
With re sale a tupu is in force and less likely to be fraudulently converted.

This in no way blames all new sales but potential buyers are entitled to be made aware of the hazards involved when buying, why would anyone deny them this information?

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Off Plan Betrayal
Of course l am not in the business of buying and selling property,but this shouldn’t stop me from pointing out my view on the scams within the property industry that are duping the one;s that want to buy.l hardly hear a problem from the one’s that have purchased a resale,where l hear so often of stories from the buyers how they have been duped into buying a property that has the making of an ongoing nightmare,until they have been bled dry.
To avoid such problems, is to go for properties that have the tapu’s already in place,where you can meet the owner and see the tapu there ,before you even put a penny down.
With new builds and off plans in many cases in which you pay the money and never see the tapu.All you get are promises and excuses from some of these estate agents to duped the client into thinking the tapu will arrive soon,when in fact it won’t.Without the title deeds can be open to corruption,where they can sell the deeds as many times as they like.

So,the difference between a off plan and new builds to a resale,is the off plan and new builds do not guarantee security and is most often open to corruption,where the resale does guarantee the tapu and what you buy is what you get.lt is far more secure to buy resale,since this type of buy often blocks the loopholes of fraud.
I will not explain it any further,as far l am concerned the matter has been explained so many times,l am just going over what has been mentioned so many times before.The matters closed

Last edited:

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Off Plan Betrayal
Hi Mollag,

I think people should definitely have all the information. My point is, they need all the information from someone that is qualified to give it to them. 'Gleaning' something from a post is not the same as getting the correct advice.

What is the point in having a business that is not needed? If all you need to buy a property is advice on a forum from people who are not professionals and do not know the ins and outs of the process, the people involved, the rules, the law.

I would like Bob to explain to me his understanding of the difference between a resale and a new build as that is the subject of his continual advice. If he is going to give this advice then he really needs to know what he is talking about, not just a general statement in his opinion and of things picked up on the internet.

Having an opinion and giving it on the forum is one thing - to continually post on the same subject smacks of a smear campaign.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Off Plan Betrayal
Hi Mollag,

I think people should definitely have all the information. My point is, they need all the information from someone that is qualified to give it to them. 'Gleaning' something from a post is not the same as getting the correct advice.

What is the point in having a business that is not needed? If all you need to buy a property is advice on a forum from people who are not professionals and do not know the ins and outs of the process, the people involved, the rules, the law.

I would like Bob to explain to me his understanding of the difference between a resale and a new build as that is the subject of his continual advice. If he is going to give this advice then he really needs to know what he is talking about, not just a general statement in his opinion and of things picked up on the internet.

Having an opinion and giving it on the forum is one thing - to continually post on the same subject smacks of a smear campaign.

l have already given my reasons to you,and l do not just pick it up from the internet.l hear the horror stories from many walking around,in the papers,and on this forum as well.
People wouldn't be moaning if the corruption was blocked and a new system put in place to stamp out this evil behaviour.
Until they can bring in such policies to stamp out such scams in the off plans and new builds,then it is best to play safe and just go for the resales for the moment.

Last edited:

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Off Plan Betrayal
Bob, you say you 'will not explain it any further'. Im sorry but if you knew what you were talking about, I do believe you would explain it till the cows came home!

What you assume really has no bearing on the facts.

There are some excellent resales and there are some excellent new builds and its our job to know which ones they are. Some new builds are in much the same position as some resales. They have reputable builders who have done all the paperwork, they have happy customers and residents and no problems at all. There are also some resales that have problems, something that not many sellers will tell you about. I know that because its my buisiness to know it.

The matter is definitely not closed because I can pretty much guarantee you will bring it up again on another post at some point!

mollag

Kipper restorer
Off Plan Betrayal
Hi Mollag,

No disrespect to yourselves but you fail to mention that many "emlaks" were last years waiters and gulet crews, not rumour i have been here long enough to see it so to ascribe a professionalism to all emlaks doesnt work.
Many of these scams involve emlaks who overnight dissapear as well---20 plus in Turgutreis in one winter.
Again not all emlaks are bent nor are all emlaks straight let us be clear on this.

If these posts directed at scams are a smear then who do we smear? the scammers? they need smearing surely?.
For me the lack of official or judicial action to help the numerous people who have been conned is scandalous, im sure many people in authority and financialy dependant on sales would like thes facts swept under the table, not good, so i hope the cold light of publicity will force some sort of action for the victims, lets not forget the victims, and punish the guilty

parrot

Off Plan Betrayal
Hi Mollag,

I am of the same opinion as Bob,you said about the professionals,some,not all,are the people who have caused many nightmares for a lot of buyers,not by their ignorance of the rules and laws but by their total flouting of them for their own gain.I believe everything should be in place for the sale to commence that is completion,tapu and habitation certificate.In their sales drives they say about it being cheaper to buy off plan -not if you loose the property and your money through greedy emlaks or builders it's not.The builder needs the funds to start a project ok go to the banks if they haven't got the neccessary funds-don't build,the country is littered with abandoned sites the cash for which may I say probably came from a buyer.

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Off Plan Betrayal
No disrespect taken Mollag :)

I dont fail to mention it, its been mentioned on here many times before and Im happy to moan about it along with everyone esle. But I am not contiually posting about it at every oportunity.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, thats what a forum is about BUT, if you plan on continually giving advice on the same subject, then you really need to know what you are talking about it. Not everyone wants a resale property and they need to know there are some new builds that are just as good as a resale from an ownership point of view.

This post is not about good and bad Emlaks or the system although I am sure it will be turned into one - it always is

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Off Plan Betrayal
Hey Parrot :)

You say: I believe everything should be in place for the sale to commence that is completion,tapu and habitation certificate.

And I would reply: There are new builds that do!!

parrot

Off Plan Betrayal
Hey Parrot :)

You say: I believe everything should be in place for the sale to commence that is completion,tapu and habitation certificate.

And I would reply: There are new builds that do!!
Quite simple don't buy it.

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Off Plan Betrayal
There are some excellent resales and there are some excellent new builds and its our job to know which ones they are. Some new builds are in much the same position as some resales. They have reputable builders who have done all the paperwork, they have happy customers and residents and no problems at all. There are also some resales that have problems, something that not many sellers will tell you about. I know that because its my buisiness to know it.

Of course their are some reputable builders and estate agents around that do what they have been payed to do.l am not painting all the businesses with the same brush,since this will be very unfair on the decent well behaved estate agents.l am condemning the fraudulent emlaks that have given a bad name to the property industry in the tourist area's.
l bought a new build 4 years ago in Akbuk with the right tapu in my hand the following day.The builder also came along to make repairs to the house while it was still under the guarantee.But l would class myself lucky,since l wouldn't have known whether l would've been another one on the victims list of losing everything.
How does the client knows if he will be issued with the tapu,when the final payment has been made.Even though the client went through all the proper and right channels,it still doesn't guarantee the client will be the owner of that property,because of the missing tapu,they promised would be issued once the final payment has been made.

The resale does avoid that,because one can see the owner and the tapu.lf the owner makes excuses about the tapu is missing then that will tell you straight away,and best to go elsewhere.
As far as l am concerned it has been explained,the difference between a resale and new builds.

"Yes",l will comment on this fraudulent behaviour as it comes up.L am referring to the points l have already brought up with you on this thread only is closed.

The matter is definitely not closed because I can pretty much guarantee you will bring it up again on another post at some point!
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom