mollag

Kipper restorer
Obscure stuff
Can only handle so much heavy stuff so time for something light.
We are the generation who remember time before telly existed, so we are the experts!
Can you remember your earliest favorite progs, especially cartoons?--for me it was four feather falls.
For the quiz heads---where would i have found Bengo the Boxer puppy?

nanamo

Obscure stuff
I remember Bengo but I think he was just a drawing. OMG am I really that old. I remember my aunt getting a boxer puppy and wanting to call it Bengo but it was a girl so was eventually named Dinah.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Obscure stuff
We did have a TV in B&W but i remember Dan Dare on the radio , and some detective program that mum tuned into , also my dad would get up at 3am ish to listen to world champion fights ,, .........Diane

giglets

Obscure stuff
Callan, with Edward Woodward in the main role. His sidekick was a down-and-out called Lonely.

Man in a Suitcase.

Original Lost in Space serial.

Cartoon character Droopy.

Got memory-fade now!

Dave

Tess

Obscure stuff
Loved Play for Today, Colditz, The Prisoner.
Remember well the day we got a colour TV, was such a big thing I stayed of school and waited on it being delivered.

arrian

R.I.P
Obscure stuff
what about Rawhide, Bonanza, London Night at the Palladium, early b/w days of Coronation St, and wrestling with Shirley Crabtree and Jackie wotsis name!!!!

McDHibs

Obscure stuff
land of the giants and lost in space. I remember hiding behind the sofa when Dr Who came on with John Pertwee as the Dr.

As a small child I remember watch with mother with trumpton, chiggley, camberwick green. I still remember the songs. "Riding along in an army truck in a humpety bumpety army truck" or what about "Time flies by when your the driver of a train and I ride on the foot plate there and back again" speaking of trains Casey Jones and the cannonball express. wow I could go on all night with this thread.

Mike

hijo

in my own clique
Obscure stuff
yep ..loved the old westerns ..rawhide, bonanza ,laramie,big valley,cimmaron strip,cheyene, wagon train,also loved the wrestling on a saturday with Kent Walton , i was playing snooker with..Johnny Kincaid when he got a call that Kent Walton had died around 8 years ago..as he attended all the funerals of the ex pro,s, when i asked him if wrestling was choreographeed ..he just laughed and said ."just a bit" but got more harmed by the umberella brigade in the front row..:31:

mollag

Kipper restorer
Obscure stuff
I remember Bengo but I think he was just a drawing. OMG am I really that old. I remember my aunt getting a boxer puppy and wanting to call it Bengo but it was a girl so was eventually named Dinah.

I seem to remember Bengo was on Blue Peter in the early days, twas done by the Guys that did Pugwash and Noggin the Nog, i mean wasnt that Nogbad the Bad one swine! i hated him.
After the footie results on a saturday there was generaly a cowie on, The lone ranger was one, anyone remember another?

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Obscure stuff
crackerjack, gilligans island, watch with mother, I loved the test films they showed when they trialled bbc 2 they were nearly always in foreign countries and not in english but as a kid i was fascinated

martin

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Obscure stuff
top cat loved that cartoon, all the westerns especially Bonanza . Of course mum loved the wrestling and yes we all got up to watch or listen to the boxing and still do.

Strangely hubbie and me spent Sunday afternoon watching westerns on the TV and we both said it brought back memories of our childhood.

I still cannot watch those Daleks on Dr Who, so frightening.

Oh and the black and white minstel show, went to the Palladium to see them live as a treat.

Those were the days

mollag

Kipper restorer
Obscure stuff
Its seems strange to the younger generations when we say that we saw a play/series on the radio----Duh its a radio u cant see nufffin.
Oh yes you can--sometimes even more than on TV!
the brain is a wonderful organ [ i can only think of one better]

butt007

Warren
Obscure stuff
And does anyone remember the series before "The Archers" it was on at 6.45pm the same time "Dick Barton Special Agent" with his two side kicks Snowy & Jock, and of course the phrase from one episode that caught on "Anna must die" in that strange voice of the evil "baron" was it? When I was a kid everthing stopped for that, we all stopped playing, went indoors to listen to it.
Warren

lara

Obscure stuff
My favourite, The Untouchables with Robert Stack.

Black and white TV, that you had to tune in every time you changed channels, all three of them.

OOoooooooo, just remembered, Junior Showtime.........was that in colour?

Never mind the quality, feel the width
Steptoe and son

OMGOSH, I remember loads.........................fading memory, don't you believe it.

arrian

R.I.P
Obscure stuff
yep ..loved the old westerns ..rawhide, bonanza ,laramie,big valley,cimmaron strip,cheyene, wagon train,also loved the wrestling on a saturday with Kent Walton , i was playing snooker with..Johnny Kincaid when he got a call that Kent Walton had died around 8 years ago..as he attended all the funerals of the ex pro,s, when i asked him if wrestling was choreographeed ..he just laughed and said ."just a bit" but got more harmed by the umberella brigade in the front row..:31:

omg, i'd forgotten about cheyanne bodie! the dreams i used to have about him
ahhhhh!!!!!!

hijo

in my own clique
Obscure stuff
..yup ..Clint Walker ..still going strong about 83 years old now..:31:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom