ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize
This is a stunner this one - I think it's devalued the whole ethos of the Nobel awards.

I was really glad to see Obama elected but what has he done for peace in 9 months of office? In fact he's sending 10,000 more troops into Afghanistan to perpetuate war for heaven's sake - ridiculous!

Here

C

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
I think he should pull out all the troops. Let them breed their terrorists minds and attack whom ever they want. Let America deport all recent immigrants of terrorist countries and change their immigrant rules so NO ONE is allowed in...even to vists. Let the world fend forthemselves with their OWN tax dollars instead of bumming off of the Americans. If the war in Afganastan againast terrorists was not required do you think all these other countries that are involved would be there? Obama's extra troops are to make the fight as uneven as possible so that it may slow to a crawl. I think he should send 250,000 to get the job done quicker.

Biker Bob

Saoirse

they will not win in Afghanistan, indeed no one even knows anymore what winning would be

In some areas they have "succeeded" by comming to an arrangement with local Taliban on the ground-sometimes even involving cash sums or other aid.

In many areas which they have been in and subsequently left poppy production is actually higher now than before the invasion-again as part of deals to get agreement with "more moderate" Taliban

Meanwhile the push for "democracy" has resulted in elections which even many of the UNs own monitors said were totally illigitimate and the current puppet president states that rape/starvation are fair ways that a man can use to ensure full compliance with his wife! Yip its all going well!

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Actually Philip since the new president was elected poppy growth and exportation has risen considerably. That is corruption. That's not the fault of any other government. I doubt there will ever be a real winner either but I and over 100 million others are happy this war is NOT being fought in my backyard. As long as these terrorists continue to fuel their hatred based on religion there will always be war with them...look back in history...when has the middle east EVER been at peace for very long? This new Afgan president is an embarrasment and I think with the obvious ways he's handling things it must have been a corrupt election also. Some countries only know war, it's how they make a living. And no it's not going well. I my friends son lost his life there this year. He was fighting for a cause he believed in though.

Biker Bob

Last edited:

Saoirse

^Actually Philip since the new president was elected poppy growth and exportation has risen considerably. That is corruption. That's not the fault of any other government."

-actually Bob as hes the puppet of the allies it is 100% the fault of other governments!

"Some countries only know war-its how they make a living"

Many would say your last line in recent times would apply to the US administration-lest we forget the company owned by Bushs vice prez getting billions of dollars of contracts to rebuild iIaq after they had flattened it!

If they were any way sincere in wanting to nail these fanatics in their homelands they would need to start bombing their own allies (something often carried out by the US!) as the main breeding grounds for these people are Pakistan/Saudi, both staunch US allies!

As regards to your view that millions are happy with this war I think you will find the majority in both US and all European countries are against it

Last edited:
I think he should pull out all the troops. Let them breed their terrorists minds and attack whom ever they want. Let America deport all recent immigrants of terrorist countries and change their immigrant rules so NO ONE is allowed in...even to vists. Let the world fend forthemselves with their OWN tax dollars instead of bumming off of the Americans. If the war in Afganastan againast terrorists was not required do you think all these other countries that are involved would be there? Obama's extra troops are to make the fight as uneven as possible so that it may slow to a crawl. I think he should send 250,000 to get the job done quicker.

Biker Bob

Well, that's well thought out Mr Bogs. Pull out all the troops and put in 250,00
Let me see now.........

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
With the greatest of respect to you two master debaters (need to be careful how you say that :D), I merely wanted to discuss the award to Obama.

My point was if it's an award for peacemaking, how does he qualify so soon into his term (as he hasn't achieved anything yet), and surely carrying on a war in another country could hardly be categorised as peacemaking?

Good speech though Bob - here's another one I know you'll love :biggrin1:

C

Reactions: GnD

Saoirse

with the greatest respect right back at you- its a bit difficult to discuss his award for peacekeeping without mentioning the Afghan debacle!

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
^Actually Philip since the new president was elected poppy growth and exportation has risen considerably. That is corruption. That's not the fault of any other government."

-actually Bob as hes the puppet of the allies it is 100% the fault of other governments!

"Some countries only know war-its how they make a living"

Many would say your last line in recent times would apply to the US administration-lest we forget the company owned by Bushs vice prez getting billions of dollars of contracts to rebuild iIaq after they had flattened it!

If they were any way sincere in wanting to nail these fanatics in their homelands they would need to start bombing their own allies (something often carried out by the US!) as the main breeding grounds for these people are Pakistan/Saudi, both staunch US allies!

As regards to your view that millions are happy with this war I think you will find the majority in both US and all European countries are against it

Trust me...they don't want the battle in their backyards....they have been under attack for many years....Now they have taken the fight right to the heartland of the terrorists. What I meant that some countries make a living at war is that they have no other legal means of income....as a peace keeper in Cyprus a prime example is that when ever things started to calm down a little someone on one side or the other would fire off a few rounds. This gave the impression all was still not peacefull....that fact was that we were bring millions and millions of dollars into the economy and they didn't want us to leave.

Do you for one second think that America will come out ahead financially fighting Afganatan ?

Biker Bob

Well, that's well thought out Mr Bogs. Pull out all the troops and put in 250,00
Let me see now.........

I was being sarcastic...On one Hand I was saying they should completely pull out and let you all fend for yourselves. The reality is though that they can't do that and by bringing in 250,000 or more it would really put things to a crawl.

Biker Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
with the greatest respect right back at you- its a bit difficult to discuss his award for peacekeeping without mentioning the Afghan debacle!

That's why I mentioned it at the start heheh What I meant though was that the Afghan/Iraq is a whole other debate...

C

Saoirse

lol!

firstly you get nothing for nothing off the Yanks. If you think for a second their involvement in Iraq/Kuwait wasnt also influenced by oil you are somewhat naive!

Secondly the terrorists homelands are Pakistan and other US ally countries-why arent they chasing them there?

Thirdly as has been mentioned many times before many of those they now consider terrorists were trained/backed/armed by them, so its hard to have sympathy when these nut cases bite them in the ass

Last edited:

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
I never claimed that Obama was deserving of the Nobel peace Prize. I do believe he has taken huge steps in a short period of time to bring peace throughout the world. He is always looking for a peaceful way. Some countries can't be reasoned with though.....simple as that. Iran will be next if they keep up with there hidden intentions.

Biker Bob

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
lol!

firstly you get nothing for nothing off the Yanks. If you think for a second their involvement in Iraq/Kuwait wasnt also influenced by oil you are somewhat naive!

Secondly the terrorists homelands are Pakistan and other US ally countries-why arent they chasing them there?

Thirdly as has been mentioned many times before many of those they now consider terrorists were trained/backed/armed by them, so its hard to have sympathy when these nut cases bite then in the ass

The world is ever changing. One on time the better of two evils may end up being your enemy one day...you deal with that as you can at that time. They can't attack inside Pakistan as Pakistan has said it will fight it's wars itself. They have not done a very good job of it mind you but atleast they have some backbone and are now trying. At the end of the day what's the solution Philip? I have just made you the Official Leader of the World....tell me how you would handle all of this.

Biker Bob

Saoirse

Firstly as regards the US I would drop this "world policeman"idea. World bully more like as they only pick fights they reckon they can win-if they are out to get rid of dictatorships etc why dont they have a pop at China!

As regards the problems in Middle East, which like it or not are the catalyst to a lot of the extremist Islamic actions, fairness must be shown which includes the end of this carte blanche support of Israel.

Whilst I do not recognise it as a legitimate state I accept it is there now but it must be brought to heel (and in line with UN resolutions!)

In other areas I honestly believe non engagement of any type is the least worse option ie neither invade nor give assistance/trade

I agree with you that no one answer will solve the worlds problems but the gun-ho attitude of succesive allied policies has failed miserably and new thinking is required.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Firstly as regards the US I would drop this "world policeman"idea. World bully more like as they only pick fights they reckon they can win-if they are out to get rid of dictatorships etc why dont they have a pop at China!

As regards the problems in Middle East, which like it or not are the catalyst to a lot of the extremist Islamic actions, fairness must be shown which includes the end of this carte blanche support of Israel.

Whilst I do not recognise it as a legitimate state I accept it is there now but it must be brought to heel (and in line with UN resolutions!)

In other areas I honestly believe non engagement of any type is the least worse option ie neither invade nor give assistance/trade

I agree with you that no one answer will solve the worlds problems but the gun-ho attitude of succesive allied policies has failed miserably and new thinking is required.

Long before Israel there was conflict and war. ALWAYS!!! Many times the US assists those that request it. Sometimes as protection, always for aid. I believe new thinking is in place with Obama. But America has a reight to defend itself and it's allies if requested. They don't need to "Have a POP" at China as they are a peaceful country. If they all of a sudden decided to attack Turkey......the USA would come to it's aid also. Same for Ireland...what would you have to say about those damn Americans then? You never told me how you would handle Afganistan.

Biker Bob

Saoirse

Lol

If only it were that simple

So the yanks only go where they are asked.....lets take a classic example, Afghanistan. When the Soviet Union occupied that country they supported a puppet governent which "asked" them to be there

We now have the US (and assorted allies) in there and they have installed a regime of their liking. And guess what? We are told one of the reasons they are there is they were asked to be there by the puppet government!

As regards US troops or any other country invading my own country I would take the same opinion as the Iraqis or Afghans and believe there was a right to resist them

The fact is the US unchallengeable support for the evil regime in Tel Aviv means that there will always be a rallying point for those Muslims worlwide who see double standards and inequality being applied. This in turn gives support and succur to those evil fanatics to carry on their worldwide campaigns of terror

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
LOL

You turned that all around.

What would you have to say if China were to suddenly commit war on Ireland....refuse the assistance of America to save your country from flying a RED FLAG?

Biker Bob

Saoirse

Highly unlikely scenario!

However as an Irishman with staunch leftist leanings I am confident we could work well with the Chinese.
Personally would have no problem with a hammer and sickle flying high here in Ireland!

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
YA......No need for me to EVER have to discuss such issues like this again as it's obvious why.

Good luck with those rice fields....lol

BB

Latest Posts

Top Bottom