Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
O RH NEGATIVE blood needed (URGENT)
My husband Ian is in Aydin Adnan Menderes University Hospital as it has been discovered that he needs heart bypass surgery. His operation is scheduled for Tuesday 12 May, but he has just phoned to say that although the hospital have 4 packs of O RH NEGATIVE blood, they also need ‘fresh’ blood in case it is needed during his operation.

So we have been told to find four people who have O NEGATIVE blood, to bring them to the hospital so they can be tested and then arrange for them to be at the hospital on Tuesday, the day of his op.

Unfortunately, only 16% of the population are Rh negative, so I am sending out this appeal for O NEGATIVE donors. Everyone I have spoken to in the O Group is O Positive (which is my blood group) and anyway, reading this thread, it looks as though Brits would not be accepted anyway!

Having read this thread out to him, he is going ask about a tannoy request being made for his blood type. We are happy to pay. What a nightmare for people with rare blood goups. I just don’t know what else to do. Any suggestions???? :wow:

Guz1

Sorry Val, had posted on your another thread before I saw this.

Just posting here to bring this back to the top.

Good luck.

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Im really sorry to hear that Val. I've asked the familly but they are predominately RH Positve. 0- is a universal blood type and can be given to anyone, the figures for Turkish nationals with this blood type is only 3.9% of the population. Do they not have any at Kizilay?

I am sure they will get a good response from the tannoy. In any event I will keep asking around.

Take care xx

Martyn

Sorry to hear about this problem Val. I have no ideas about getting the blood but just hope everything goes ok and it's not needed.

val2661

Hi Valian

I am O Neg blood and would willingly help you, but unfortunately I live in Alanya which is miles away from you. I didn't realise it was such a rare blood type in Turkey. My thoughts are with your husband and yourself and good wishes for a speedy recovery.

Val
x

waterbaby

Hi Val,
So sorry to hear about your husband. I am Rh O Negative blood group as is my mother and her partner. We are in Bodrum, is there any way i could donate some blood and get it sent by some sort of special courier up to you.?

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Val, we have turned up one relative with 0- who lives in Aydin. I am at the office and dont have your telephone number with me here. Can you please give me a ring

GnD

I'm the wrong blood and in the wrong Country, but boy do I wish you all the best. I hope this forum provides enough donors.

prayers said

Debbie x

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Thank you all very much for your messages. I have been in touch with both Kym and Michelle.

Also the Surgeon has confirmed that they are happy to take blood from tested foreigners for a 'live' donation and that it is only Turkish Crescent (the blood bank) who will not accept donations of foreign blood.

So if anyone around the Didim area has O neg blood and would be willing for me to take them for a couple of trips to Aydin, please give me a ring on: 05367 218911

Guz1

Suggest someone post a message on the Kusadasi biz forum (I'm banned). Lots of foreigners living in Kus read that forum.

Guz1

Yes Debbie but who cares.

Here's the link in case someone else would do the honours.

P.S. to Mushtaq: I'm sorry if posting the lin has broken a TLF rule, but I reckon you'll forgive me since it's an emergency.

Last edited:

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Thanks Maria

I have joined and will make my request.

maggie

So sorry I am O Rhd positive.
If I could have helped I would of.

I do hope you will be sucessfull in your search and I wish your husband well.

Hugs Maggie xxx

Gail

Val what a nightmare, I hope all goes well for you, if was negative I would be up like a shot to help out x

jakebeak

Hi there

So sorry to hear about your husband. I hope everything goes smoothly. All the very best.

trish

What a nightmare it must be for you both. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Lindacm

Sorry I'm B RH positive otherwise I would have been happy to help. I know this can be a problem as my daughter is A RH negative.

I hope all goes well for your husband.

Linda

Latest Posts

Top Bottom