babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Nutters Beach Bar
blooming hell, I have just been into town to the market and parked near the beach, near what is now a shell of a beach bar, last night there was a huge fire at Nutters bar, there is hardly anything left and it is has also damaged the outside of the Yelken Mandalinci Hotel, smoke damage and windows cracked.

Luckily the bar closed a few nights ago and so far I haven't heard of any casualties. I don't like the place myself (think I'm too old) but its a shame to see it!

Last edited:
Nutters Beach Bar
Strange; when my boyfriend told me this last night, I had exactly the same thought!
It is a shame though; I had some good nights in there (although strangely enough not this year!)

Shehrazat

Nutters Beach Bar
Greetings and salutaions....
last night was kinda scary.... We own the Tattoo shop across from Target and saw the fire last night. It took the one and only fire truck quite a while to come to the scene and once here it ran out of water after 10 minutes and had to leave refill and come back 2 times kinda sad. Actually I think this area is pretty blessed as the flames were huge and to be honest with the way the wind was blowioing to jump the street I thought for sure the fire was going to jump the street and that would have been catastrophic to this area. Thank God no one was injured. I too find it very strange how a bar shut down for the season could have caught fire like that. Very convenient considering it was going to be torn down and re built. I guess they can file for insurance...Just a thought...
Kimie

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Nutters Beach Bar
Gonna be careful what I say after the personal abuse I got over the donations thread.....

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Nutters Beach Bar
Luckycat, you have to know the history of this bar and its problems to think it might be suspicious, however I am not for one minute saying that I think it IS an insurance job, but like others it did cross my mind

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Nutters Beach Bar
Luckycat, you have to know the history of this bar and its problems to think it might be suspicious, however I am not for one minute saying that I think it IS an insurance job, but like others it did cross my mind

Of course -- and I do not know the history and really none of my business-
but it just screams not right to me !

Nutters Beach Bar
Strangely enough Nutters 2 (now rebuilt as Sandals restaurant) burned down two years ago just this time of year ..........

Nutters Beach Bar
Hi Shehrazat--glad to hear fire didn't spread over to you and Target bar(say hi to Kemal & the guys there from jane & Alan in Gumusluk !) Was Mustaphas restaurant La Pikant --opposite Nutters--damaged in any way?--I hope not!
We hope to be back in April/May so will see a "phoenix rising from the ashes" no doubt!! Fires always give rise to speculation--especially after the closure of Nutters early this season for infringements of beach laws!

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Nutters Beach Bar
Hi Shehrazat--glad to hear fire didn't spread over to you and Target bar(say hi to Kemal & the guys there from jane & Alan in Gumusluk !) Was Mustaphas restaurant La Pikant --opposite Nutters--damaged in any way?--I hope not!
We hope to be back in April/May so will see a "phoenix rising from the ashes" no doubt!! Fires always give rise to speculation--especially after the closure of Nutters early this season for infringements of beach laws!

Nutters was owned by two partners...one was the mayors assistant....must be a new mayor if he's getting hassled about the beach laws.

Biker Bob

Nutters Beach Bar
The new Major closed Nutters and Sandals down early May. They had to reduce their beach front useage back. Apparently the new Major is doing good things (or at least wants to try) in Turgetries. As I don't permantely live there I can only repeat what I've heard but a lot of the residents are looking forward to seeing what he does. I see they are building a new playa park in front of the boat trips quay

barry budd

QPR MAN
Nutters Beach Bar
Greetings and salutaions....
last night was kinda scary.... We own the Tattoo shop across from Target and saw the fire last night. It took the one and only fire truck quite a while to come to the scene and once here it ran out of water after 10 minutes and had to leave refill and come back 2 times kinda sad. Actually I think this area is pretty blessed as the flames were huge and to be honest with the way the wind was blowioing to jump the street I thought for sure the fire was going to jump the street and that would have been catastrophic to this area. Thank God no one was injured. I too find it very strange how a bar shut down for the season could have caught fire like that. Very convenient considering it was going to be torn down and re built. I guess they can file for insurance...Just a thought...
Kimie
I thought that all fire engines could pump water from the sea or rivers

strange, cant help being skeptic

cassıe

cassıe
Nutters Beach Bar
Yes folks! It is absolutely demolished. All sorts of rumours going around. As they do in these cases.

The one I heard - and remember it is a rumour - is that it is to do with an argument between the elected Mayors. One wanted to turn it into a Public Lavatory and one wanted it to stay as it was. Politics eh! Full of the usual S**t.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom