lisapekel

nursing in turkey
Hi there, im currently training to become a nurse here in the uk. Once i qualifiy, me and my turkish husband(of 6 years) are wanting to move back out to turkey with our 2 children. Would i be able to use my qualifications to continue to nurse in turkey. Any advice would be great.. thanks every1 x x myself on our sons will be applying for our citizenships

Last edited:

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
nursing in turkey
Hi and welcome to the forum..

It really depends if you yourself have Turkish citizenship and can speak the language fluently..

Nursing is one profession that appears to be barred from foriegners otherwise i imagine there would be many more British Nurses (me included) working over here.

If you don't have Turkish citizenship, well im afraid it's very difficult for you. You could try an expat/international/private hospital or clinic but you are required to speak Turkish and have the all important work permit which believe me there's more chance in finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!!!

Work permits are notoriously difficult to obtain, they seem to take an age to process and are expensive (hence why many companies do not apply for them).

Im sure there will be other's on here to help and advise you..im only giving you some insight into my own personal experiences.

lisapekel

nursing in turkey
hi , thanks for that advice,i will be getting my residence visa(citizenship) , and i do speak turkish so i wont have a problem with that. do they accept adult diploma or has is got to be degree? im hoping to to my degree once i done diploma. The other thing obvioulsy is having an idea of the nurses salary there.

JohnF

nursing in turkey
To enter the nursing profession in Turkey you need to be a Turkish citizen. To gain citizenship by way of marriage takes three years - while the wording of the new citizenship law is a bit vague regarding residence, I suspect that the three years have to be spent without interruption in Turkey (same as the 5 year process for unmarried applicants).

Since 2007, new nurses in Turkey must complete a four year degree program and its unlikely they will accept U.K. qualifications without some form of conversion course (same for a lot of countries for medical professionals).

JF

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
nursing in turkey
hi , thanks for that advice,i will be getting my residence visa(citizenship) .

Residence Permit (not visa) and citizenship are different, you will need to clarify which you are getting. RP does not allow you to work in the way citizenship does.

Ian

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
nursing in turkey
A couple of the private hospitals in the Fethiye area have English nurses working in them during the summer season. However, they're employed by UK based insurance companies to act as liaison between the hospital staff and English speaking accident victims, walk-in patients etc. and are not allowed to actually treat patients. They are trained to handle all paperwork for the insurance companies.

It might be worth making enquiries along those lines as Turkey becomes a more popular holiday destination.

lisapekel

nursing in turkey
Residence Permit (not visa) and citizenship are different, you will need to clarify which you are getting. RP does not allow you to work in the way citizenship does.

Ian

no it is citizenship that i am getting, i know which i need, its just the way ive worded it.thanks for the advice anyway.

johngood

nursing in turkey
just to put in my say
i think the doctors and nurses are great in turkey.
just had prostate cancer and was looked after great.
thank you tukish doctors and the nurses.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
nursing in turkey
New nurses in Turkey don't make much more if any then the minimum wage. I believe it's around 750 tl a month...plus you would have health insurance and pension given to you on top of that.

Biker Bob

mike dj

nursing in turkey
Lisa off subject are you married to Caffa Pekel from Akbuk ? We know him from a few years ago and we met him again when he was here with his son . Mike - Gill .

lisapekel

nursing in turkey
Lisa off subject are you married to Caffa Pekel from Akbuk ? We know him from a few years ago and we met him again when he was here with his son . Mike - Gill .

Hi. yes im married to cafer, we been married 3 years this december, been together 6 years. Was i not with cafer when u saw him with our son?my life... isnt it a small world!!!

Last edited:

mike dj

nursing in turkey
Yes Lisa that was us ,hope to see Cafa ,you and family sometime . Take care Mike&Gill .xx

Latest Posts

Top Bottom