Peregrine

Now Heres a Plan
it could be that in the next (local) elections a lot of people dont vote because of the MPs expenses issue

but heres a plan

turn up and register your disgust by writing "thieving b*st*rds" on the ballot paper

what fun when the highest number of votes cast were "spoilt papers"

do it - you know it makes sense!

ted j

Now Heres a Plan
What Happens Then? Doesn't The person with The(Still) Most Votes Get In/ Ted

Peregrine

Now Heres a Plan
What Happens Then? Doesn't The person with The(Still) Most Votes Get In/ Ted

you can sit back and do nothing or go and make a point. Its up to you.

I'm sure you dont like being taken for a mug by the politicians do you?

Mushroom

Now Heres a Plan
Don't spoil a paper because that is a 'nil vote' Instead vote for an alternative candidate of your choice.
Surely there is someone out there who you actually have time for their policies and principles.

carolk

R.I.P
Now Heres a Plan
With each new day, its looking less and less like it!!! :dizzy: Are there any left?

Last edited:

Mushroom

Now Heres a Plan
Perhaps this is the time that a few of the disillusioned may leave their respective parties and form a new one?
The SDLP was an initiative in the 80's, and possibly before their time.
Could the same happen again ? and the truth and honesty party be formed in a jazzy name?
I give it about 5 minutes before it is swamped by the rest of the dishonest MP's, but worth a thought all the same. After all, which do you want ?

So far we have had the absolutely dishonest labour party which was preceeded by the absolutely dishonest Tory party.

Time for a change ?

Why did screaming Lord Sutch die so early..........Inconsiderate bastard !

Ava

Now Heres a Plan
Spoiled papers are a waste of a vote as they are counted only as a means to keep track of the voters through the door what you put on the paper is of no consequence, better to vote for someone you think has integrity. People died so you can have freedom of choice.

By wasting your vote some idiot/lowlife/numpty (insert your own word) gets in then you only have yourself to blame.

Your vote. Your choice.

Martyn

Now Heres a Plan
nah..im with peregrine on this one..if everybody did it nobody would get voted in

Well they would even if one person voted, it would still go by the majority. I asked this question in another thread who should I be looking to vote for. I was looking at UKIP even before this debacle because I've had enough of the Labour or Tory politicians.

ted j

Now Heres a Plan
you can sit back and do nothing or go and make a point. Its up to you.

I'm sure you dont like being taken for a mug by the politicians do you?

No Peregrine,Mate, I Don't Like Being Taken For a Mug, But These Scheming Tossers Would Probably Have Contingency Plans, so They Don't Lose Their Gold Plated Pensions In Fact I'm All For A "Non Vote" . I Wrote On Another Thread It's A Shame Ballot Papers Don't Have A "Non Of The Above" Section .Ted

red

Now Heres a Plan
I have been thinking about standing but I have no idea how to. I'm sure I'm not the only person to think so loads of people I talk to have no trust in our political system. The only reason I want to is - no-one seems to have any integrity these days.

ted j

Now Heres a Plan
A Friend Of Mine Did Quite A Few Years Ago For The Green Party, He Didn't Get Enough Votes and Lost His Deposit(Funny Now He Would Have Probably Got In With The Green Issue At The Moment) .I Think The Procedure Is Straightforward Enough.Give It A Go! Ted

Mushroom

Now Heres a Plan
It will only be a matter of time before someone takes up the challenge and decides to go it as an independent, with very little policy but to do like Martin Bell and promise to be honest and straightforward, if only for one term.

If you imagine how public sentiment is just now, there are certain MP's who would lose votes against an independent based on their recent fiddles.
If there is enough of a groundswell of popular support, it could make an independent either go a long way or even get in at the next election.

The process as far as I know is simple. It is a matter of declaring your intention to stand for a seat, with a few people to second you and to pay a deposit, which is now about £1000. The downside is, there are a certain number of votes required at the election or the deposit is lost.

The deposit used to be just £50 until a few years ago, but that meant that everybody was putting themselves forward with little to lose and we had about 30 candidates for each seat. Most were in the 'save the gopher bridgade' or 'equal rights for loonies' etc

Peregrine

Now Heres a Plan
Don't spoil a paper because that is a 'nil vote' Instead vote for an alternative candidate of your choice.
Surely there is someone out there who you actually have time for their policies and principles.

sorry to say, no there are no alternatives that I would want to vote for - their all loonies (that would be worse state of affairs, the lunatics running the asylum!!)

Martyn

Now Heres a Plan
sorry to say, no there are no alternatives that I would want to vote for - their all loonies (that would be worse state of affairs, the lunatics running the asylum!!)

You're right there Peregrine. I wouldn't be surprised if at the next election it's the lowest turn out ever.

Peregrine

Now Heres a Plan
You're right there Peregrine. I wouldn't be surprised if at the next election it's the lowest turn out ever.

but how are you going to get rid of your sitting MP? (not on the take but on a salary of £60k managed to pay of his mortgage)

I reckon if you pinned a blue rosette on a donkey with one leg the good folks in Bedfordshire would still vote for it!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom