eda

not possible to post anything
Hello how can l contact the admin cause l can not post anything !!!

eda

l am trying to post about my flats that are for sale in Marmaris but the admin doesn t allow me to do so.. and it says l am only allowed to use URL or Pictures or sth, l don t get it, please help !!

lippy

I think you have to have a certain amount of posts to come on and sell something.I believe it's to discourage people joining and going straight on the hard sell.

eda

Thank you. But what is wrong about selling through here ? No agency fee is a good thing in my opinion. :)

ted j

Eda
That stipulation was brought in so we don't get spammers hawking their wares all over the forum . If you want to become a bona fide member , then join in on some of the threads, but don't just join here to sell your properties , nobody knows you from Adam and even if you could post details straight away about them I doubt you would have any takers

Carolyn

Thank you Ted. Eda the forum is a discussion and information forum for members interested in Turkish Living as well as a diverse range of topics which have nothing whatsoever to do with Turkey!

There is a facility for members to advertise after a number of posts contributing to the forum. It is not a facility for people to join purely for free advertising. If that's what you want then I'm sure there are plenty of Facebook pages more suited to your purpose.

As Ted also says as members have no idea who you are you probably won't find much interest in whatever you are trying to sell.

In addition, there is an option for paid advertising - if you would like to explore that possibility then please contact Mushtaq the forum owner who can advise you as to rates, criteria etc.

bickern

Thank you. But what is wrong about selling through here ? No agency fee is a good thing in my opinion. :)

There is a lot wrong, it is a discussion forum not a market place. Members who have taken the time and energy to participate and make TLF the forum it is have the facility to sell things, if someone joins here purely to flog off their wares then it would be to the detriment of the forum in my opinion.

eda

Himmm okey. Thanks guys. I didn t know it is such a horrible thing to want to advertise property for sale in these forums. Where l live in France there is a big network site called Angloinfo, l think they operate in many countries, hasn t arrived in Turkey yet though. Anyway, so there you can easily rent and sell properties, l rented various properties from there in the past. Either way,l thought l could do it here, l didn t think it would become such an issue regarding the safety reasons also. l mean l am going to put my email address there and people will get in touch then l will send emails then they will come to view the property or we will speak on the phone etc.. etc.. of course who knows maybe people wonder whether if l will come up with some kind of a Hannibal story and meet these people etc.. etc.. I guess living in Turkey and reading papers,one gets scared. Cause as l said in Europe, these things are not that big of a deal in community sites. Either way guys, Thanks a a lot !

eda

l will send pictures of the house sorry.. couldn t type it properly :)

Chinook

[quoteWhere l live in France there is a big network site called Angloinfo, l think they operate in many countries, hasn t arrived in Turkey yet though][/quote]

eda . Angloinfo is a franchise operation not a forum and there is one in Turkey centred on Istanbul.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Eda, as has been explained this is a forum and needs members to contribute with information and discuss issues.

If you just join to sell or rent your property what value does that add to the forum and it's members?

The advertising facility is available for participating members, some other forums and sites do not have this restrictions but we implemented this a while ago to stop people joining just to advertise and not seen again.

Not being critical of you as you are only asking a question and hopefully don't take any offence.

I belive you have to give and take not just take.

kemerkid

________
I think she has done enough already, how hard is it going to be to PM her for details ?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom