Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkey

Not apologising to Bob
I have been watching the various posts of this website long before I joined... and here is my conclusion...

So, Bob ‘the nob’ has resigned. I am very glad to see this. I ask you to look back through his previous posts and you will find that he is an over opinionated man who has no understanding of what he is opinionated about. He has been nothing but offensive and condescending to those who disagree with his quite frankly archaic and laughable points of view. He bases his every argument on religion without accepting that we live in a secular society and seems to think that he can write any offensive, nasty, prejudice ideology he likes. It is about time that intelligent people who understand the world outside of an oppressive and restricted view, stood up to people like him who perpetuate nothing but hatred under the guise of ‘righteous indignation’. This man has no argument and cannot adequately back up ANYTHING he has to say without resorting to ambiguous religious ideology. All he has is scriptures that are open to interpretation. This man Bob (the so rightly named) 'knob', has used this forum to express the oppressive views of his ‘faith’ without respect or understanding of anyone else’s point of view that differs from his own dogmatic and propaganda fuelled, unfounded prejudice, that he thinks is acceptable to publish on a forum that would quite frankly do better without his presence. It is about time we stood up to bullies like Bob and those who support him! We need to return this website to what it was meant to be! A medium for the discussion of what it is like to live in Turkey and NOT a chance for undeniably closed minded people to spread thier religious fuelled hatred of anthing that conflicts with their antiquated views.

ukizook

Not apologising to Bob
Re: Not apologising to Bob the so rightly called 'nob'.

Only your second post and what a post it is.

Don't hold back your opinions though, tell us what you really think about Bob. ;)

Not apologising to Bob
Well, Hello Sharkey. After reading your first post I was quite stunned, but also motivated. I resigned form this forum a few months ago due to a debate which was quite close to my heart, and although I have still logged on and read the many interesting posts I have not felt the urge to contribute.
My resignation was because I felt bullied by Bob The Nob and his happy band of posters, my comment was a general one to those I called "ignorant, un educated, homaphobic, bible bashing mouth pieces" Bob's reply to me was "Insulting comments like this will not do you any favours.. Good riddance"
Now Bob has gone I feel liberated to join in the forum again. To Bob I say Good riddance and to you Sharkey I say thankyou and welcome.

giglets

Not apologising to Bob
Good morning Sharkey and welcome to the Forum!

This thread will undoubtedly attract some strong responses from both sides of the fence - as you would expect.

My own view on your observations are as follows -

I have reviewed a fair number of Bob's threads/posts and cannot agree with your assertion that he "does not know what he is opinionated about". On the contrary, he has consistently expressed his vewpoint, on a variety of subjects, based on his own deeply held personal beliefs and life-experiences.
His style can be a bit verbose and rambling, but he inevitably speaks from the heart and I did not detect much in the way of personal vitriol against fellow contributors. As for being "over-opinionated" - that description could be applied to almost anyone who contributes strongly to debates, including yourself - judging by the content of your first submission.

How can you accuse him of being condescending in the same sentence in which you also describe his views as "quite frankly archaic and laughable" ?
Bit of double standards there?

Yes, he uses his religious beliefs as a basis for most of his responses, but he has as much right to do so as does a secularist who resorts to scientific/political rhetoric in order to advance his'her opinion.

I also believe that Bob's comments were not generally offensive, otherwise the Moderators and Mushtaq would have taken the neccessary steps to ensure that he complied fully with both the Forum Rules and common decency.
However, it is virtually impossible, in a free-speech Democracy, to express strident views on any given subject, without , inadvertently , offending at least some of the other participants in the argument - that is the very nature of open debate - and those taking part must be prepared for it.

You imply that he "perpetuated hatred" and that "intelligent people" should stand up against him and his prejudices.
This would imply that those who did not take this view were stupid and prejudiced.
Firstly, I see no evidence of the "hatred" you allege and would obviously take issue with your definition of who is/is not intelligent/prejudiced amongst the present membership!

I cannot agree with your definition of him and his "supporters" as a "bullies".
Are you saying that anyone with contentious views, who expresses them strongly, who has some supporters, but who you do not agree with, is a bully? - your definition of the meaning of that word must differ greatly from mine and I can find nothing in Bob's submissions which would substantiate your viewpoint on this, apart from the general cut and thrust of debate, where he both received and returned some robust opinions.

Finally, as has been stated many times before, this Forum encompasses much more than just discussion of Turkey, although that is it's core objective.
Most of the membership, I believe, are perfectly content with this state of affairs and some of the most well-argued and entertaining threads/posts have been on wider subjects.

Once again, welcome and I look forward to many more frank and stimulating contributions from your good self!

Dave

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
Not apologising to Bob
I suspect there are just a couple of reasons you have posted your rant Sharkey.

To stir up more bad feeling amongst members with a continuation of a thread which was closed yesterday.
Early in your post on this thread you accuse BTN of being over opinionated then go into an over opinionated rant in the style of Adolf Hitler about how you personally feel about him.
Why is your obvious hatred so deep.?
What happened to respecting other members..?
You are likely so find yourself in a small minded minority I'm afraid.. and you have done nothing to endear yourself to the membership with your contribution in fact you've done quite the opposite...
Personally, i would never dare to crucify another member in the way that you have attempted to do in you character assassination attempt, certainly not in a thread on an open forum... there are protocols and rules which prevent this.
I wont print what i feel about you, I'd be ejected pretty quickly... I'll keep that opinion to myself.
To have an opinion on a topic or subject and voice it is one thing, but opinions of other members should be voiced by PM or in a written objection to a moderator or the administrator...
I've a feeling this thread is going to end in the same way as the previous...therefore I'm glad i got in early.
I wonder what is the reason for posting your thread in what is the middle of the night to most of the membership, i suspect there was a motive.
Perhaps you should have stuck to lurking Sharkey... all you have done is stir up trouble with this.

Alan.

Last edited:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Not apologising to Bob
I suspect Sharkey may be a member trying to dodge the radar, but he/she speaks the truth, nonetheless.

The newer members will not know that Bob "has form", as the cops would put it, for flouncing out with a gaggle of silly people begging him to stay. Like girls in the playground people were full of 'please don't go', 'you are so valued' etc., etc until, sheepishly, Bob condescend to return. BORING! The girls, of course, were full of the way they had saved him and the forum - like schoolgirl politics - giggle, giggle, notes to friends. BORING!
My advice then, as now, is if you are going, just stop logging on and don't be a drama queen.
And to the silly schoolgirls, of both sexes, find some other intrigue to occupy yourselves with - attention just makes him worse.

Ian

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Not apologising to Bob
So Sharkey I am officially a bully, I must remember to kick the cats and dogs and as for my husband, watch out Colin I am after you.

Immac. At 69 I do not think you could call me a silly giggling girl but I do take the girl bit as a compliment.

There has been enough nasty comments on this subject. Just STOP it be nice to each other :angel:

stevecarol

Not apologising to Bob
Stay or go makes no difference to me , in fact, if he left then i may have more time to read less boreing and drawn out threads that can actually be of use to me. BYE

Last edited by a moderator:

panther

Not apologising to Bob
I've just logged on and I'm appalled to see some of you have a personal vendetta against Bob. That he's not on here to defend himself. How cowardly, ruthless and disgusting your malignant minds are.

Where is your breeding? manners, decorum. Have you been dragged up with comments that are only fit from low forms of humanity.

Like vipers slyly waiting in the grass to pounce at a prey.

Your sick minds need attention.

Last edited:

Pete&Mag

Not apologising to Bob
I suspect Sharkey may be a member trying to dodge the radar, but he/she speaks the truth, nonetheless.

The newer members will not know that Bob "has form", as the cops would put it, for flouncing out with a gaggle of silly people begging him to stay. Like girls in the playground people were full of 'please don't go', 'you are so valued' etc., etc until, sheepishly, Bob condescend to return. BORING! The girls, of course, were full of the way they had saved him and the forum - like schoolgirl politics - giggle, giggle, notes to friends. BORING!
My advice then, as now, is if you are going, just stop logging on and don't be a drama queen.
And to the silly schoolgirls, of both sexes, find some other intrigue to occupy yourselves with - attention just makes him worse.

Ian

You seem to be a little obsessed with 'Schoolgirls' . Thats not healthy ,in a middle aged bloke!
I did not agree with some of what Bob used to say ,but I found him entertaining. His posts were not always about woe. He contributed about nature and gardening ,which some people appreciated.
Pete

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Not apologising to Bob
I've just logged on and I'm appalled to see some of you have a personal vendetta against Bob. That he's not on here to defend himself. How cowardly, ruthless and disgusting your malignant minds are.

Where is your breeding? manners, decorum. Have you been dragged up with comments that are only fit from low forms of humanity.

Like vipers slyly waiting in the grass to pounce at a prey.

Your sick minds need attention.

That is very funny. You should read your own post back to yourself before you post. Perhaps now you can see that your post is much more vitriolic and full of hatred than anything above it: look in the mirror.

Ian

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Not apologising to Bob
This is getting ridiculous, can't you all just stop the childish antics?.

Jeannie :224xb:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Not apologising to Bob
I have to admit to having a 'soft spot' for BTN. I seem to remember when he joined he got a hard time about his grammar, spelling and general content of his posts.

Then members got to know his quirky ways and most grew to value/enjoy him - a lot of people were concerned at one time as he was obviously under pretty severe stress over his properties, and many tried to help him through that with encouragement and support.

He can be misguided and his own worst enemy at times, but I always sensed that he had a good heart - there have been a few nasty underhand individuals as members here in the past who deserved nothing but scorn and deserved all they got - Bob doesn't warrant that.

To attack BTN now, says more about the 'assailants' I feel - the man's not perfect, which of us are, but I feel that overall, he adds to the rich tapestry that is TLF, and it will be more of a loss than a gain should he decide not to return.

Just my opinion anyway for all it's worth...

C

PASH

Not apologising to Bob
As someone who has no real axe to grind i find this appalling! I would hope if someone had a problem with me, they would be courtious enough to write to me in private rather than posting vile and vitriolic personal remarks on an open forum. Like him or loath him, there is a case for at least being respectful. I cannot say i liked everything that was written by Bob, but, thats what a healthy debate is all about, you can counter with your own opinions in a respectful and decent manner. I am not one of Bobs "giggling Schoolgirls" just someone who enjoyed some of his posts!

Not apologising to Bob
Well, Hello Sharkey. After reading your first post I was quite stunned, but also motivated. I resigned form this forum a few months ago due to a debate which was quite close to my heart, and although I have still logged on and read the many interesting posts I have not felt the urge to contribute.
My resignation was because I felt bullied by Bob The Nob and his happy band of posters, my comment was a general one to those I called "ignorant, un educated, homaphobic, bible bashing mouth pieces" Bob's reply to me was "Insulting comments like this will not do you any favours.. Good riddance"
Now Bob has gone I feel liberated to join in the forum again. To Bob I say Good riddance and to you Sharkey I say thankyou and welcome.

Thank goodness! Another member who publıcly resigned from the TLF has now found someone to agree with her point and is renouncing her resignation (publicly of course) so we can sleep easier in our beds. Must watch out for it on the CNN News. What a load of ego massaging tosh.

Lets get this into perspective. This is a Forum. Its not the United Nations where probably people wouldnt give a monkeys who resigned there either. There seem to be too many people on this forum who have such a high ınflated opinion of themselves and their massive egos that they think it will make a difference if they resign or come back. Maybe the sun and having nothing else to occupy themselves with in small time holiday land is affecting them.

Maybe the Mods could set up a Resignation Thread along with a Changed My Mind Thread so all the egos can be kept in one place. Or..just maybe you stop logging on and move on with life once the toys have been thrown out of the pram but dont bore the rest of us wıth İm Off - Now Im back garbage.

How ironic that someone who slagged BTN for his use of language and bullying now announces her return using the same vitriol on him. Kettle calling pot black springs to mind.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Not apologising to Bob
You don't get it, do you? This is exactly what Bob wanted to happen (after all, it happened once before).
Ask yourself this simple question before you jump down my throat - if a few days ago, when all this started, Bob had just logged-off his account and vowed never to return - quietly and without an announcement to the world, none of what followed would have happened.
But no, once again, we have to have a big playground scene of "I'm going, don't try to stop me!" And the schoolgirls (and schoolboys (for balance)) dutifully chase after him, just as he wants.

Once again, if anyone wants to leave, JUST LOG-OFF!

Ian

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Not apologising to Bob
im with Ceemac ans Pash on this. I don;t enjoy all of BTN posts and I certainly don;t read them if the subject is not "my cup of tea", having said that he is a worthwhile contributor to thsi forum. He has taken strength from members in times of strife and I hope that I could call on that band of people if ever I was in my hour of need.

I have loved his photos and gardening stories, when I miss Akbuk I often look at his album.

I find it strange that someone joins this forum , not having had a "virtual conversation" with BTN and clearly states he''s not apologising to him. The original thread was an open apology from one member to another on reflecting on a comment made in a closed thread. It wasn't intended to start a campaign which has once again turned into a farce.
this is just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom