Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Noises that get on your nerves!!!
I went to the Dentist this afternoon, just for the usual check-up, and I had a scrape and polish. The sound of that whizzing around my teeth, sets my teeth on edge, you know like scratching nails down a blackboard feeling you can imagine. It got me to thinking what noise/s gets on your nerves?

Briand

Just before I retired a friend of mine chipped is tooth at work, he took a flat 6 inch file out of my toolbox and filed it, just writing this makes me cringe.

Briand.

OMG yeah its the dentist for me too. I have to have a manual scrape and polish! Such a wimp - bring back gas for the fillings thats what I say!

Pete&Mag

A banging gate, when I'm in bed trying to get kip. I know I'm going to have to get up to lock it, so I just wait until I get so ticked off with it ,that I get up. The related annoyance is the knee in the back from Mag ,if I'm too tardy to deal with it. A banging gate in the middle of the night when its peeing down ,in winter ,is even worse when accompanied by the knee in the back!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
our local co op has a check out woman called mo, she has the loudest high pitched voice in the high peak

have walked out in the past

martin

ted j

Know what you mean Pete& Mag. Kath woke me up one night and said she thought someone was outside. I went to the window and saw some bugger lifting our back gate off it's hinges (didn't do anything as he might have took offence) (a fence). Seriously, Kath's is she can't stand anyone (even babies) chewing on cotton material.

Last edited:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Anything left on the dashboard of the car that rattles , and it really gets to me especialy on the motorway when i can't stop to move whatever it is .......Diane

Saoirse

the noise pedestrians make if you clip them at a zebra crossing and they bump along directly underneath the drivers seat

saffie

Saffie
Philip..can rely on you to make me giggle!!

Agree that something rattling around in the car drives me nuts and the howling wind we have had lately is driving me bonkers too. There is something clonking around outside every time it gets windy. I've checked all the mozzie screens,stuffed foam sponge down the runners of those which are not too well fitted and stood for ages trying to work out where the clonking is coming from,all to no avail.

End up like a demented maniac running around from balcony to balcony( I have 6!!) and still can't work out where the noise is coming from. Arghhhh!!!!

saffie

Last edited:
Philip..can rely on you to make me giggle!!

Agree that something rattling around in the car drives me nuts and the howling wind we have had lately is driving me bonkers too. There is something clonking around outside every time it gets windy. I've checked all the mozzie screens,stuffed foam sponge down the runners of those which are not too well fitted and stood for ages trying to work out where the clonking is coming from,all to no avail.

End up like a demented maniac running around from balcony to balcony( I have 6!!) and still can't work out where the noise is coming from. Arghhhh!!!!

saffie

The noise is coming from your air-conditioning unit fan being spun the wrong way by the wind, I have the same problem with mine and yes, it can be very annoying.

Steve

saffie

Saffie
6 balconies!!!!!!!!

jesus I would have got the butler to check them!

:larf:

Sadly there's just me and the dog and,try as I might, just can't seem to train her to check anything other than the food dish!!!

saffie

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
I just can't stand noise of any kind. I feel i can get quite violent.
Live music,{sorry Debbie} kids screaming, i just can't stand it Aghhhhhhhhh

Jeannie :angry:

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
That does my absolute NUT in Aghhhhhhhhh

Jeannie :angry:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom