doldfield

Davidoldfield
Noise levels
Can you advise us what the law relating to the allowable noise levels and times these levels are acceptable from resaurants and bars and is the law the same throughout Turkey or does it depend on a district law.
Thank you David Oldfield

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Noise levels
Pat was telling me that the noise from a nearby Apart/Otel was quite loud one evening, but the noise level went right down at about 11pm - whether, or not, this was due to local laws or plain consideration I don't know

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Noise levels
Your first port of call for information about the laws should be the local Zabita Polis. They'll be able to advise you what local laws are in force and will handle your complaint.

doldfield

Davidoldfield
Noise levels
Thank you for your replies but we assumed there would be some lawyer on the forum who knew what the acceptable noise levels are and the times these levels should be reduced or stopped altogether does anyone on the forum know what these should be.

Noise levels
unacceptable noise after 12 midnight in residential areas should be complained about to the police or jandarma...depending on where you live.

İn areas designated for tourist where there is a concentration of bars and discos etc then these have late licences and close at 4am...
there are some large discos with all night licenses, these are usually either in non residential areas and open air..such as the auditorium in Tosmur..or built so the acoustics dont cause problems to people living in the area...an example is Summer Garden disco in Konaklı.

parrot

Noise levels
I live under the one of the flight paths in and out of Heathrow,which was there long before I was.It amazes me how people move into the area and then complain about the noise.
Was the noise from the bars there or is it a recent disturbance,we get lots of noise where our place is,mainly from dogs barking but such is life in Turkey.

Noise levels
We have noisy neighbours! The occasional party etc is acceptable as we all like to enjoy ourselves but there is a limit. Also we have the lady upstairs hoovers at 7.30 then goes back to bed after I have woke up, she then takes the huff if I ask her not to do it so early when I'm there and to stop her son run ning and jumping before he goes to school. They have the rest of the year to make noise , when I'm not there. They are only tenants but have even taken up our car parking space and I have to ask their permission for my visitors to park when visiting us.

pldouglas

Noise levels
We live in a seaside/tourist town in UK and it amazes us to see the letters in the local rag written by people who have recently moved to the seafront, where there are lots of bars and restaurants, moaning about noise - one woman last week even complained about the seagulls! Umm - its the seaside, we get seagulls!
Its plain common sense to have a good look round the nearby streets when looking to buy a place, just to check if you can live with any potential irritants. My brother was once driven mad living in a house near a supermarket where they delivered bread at 5 a.m. in noisy banging metal baskets!

Top Bottom