Pandora

Nice Places to Eat in Turgutreis
Hi everyone, I just posted this in the wrong forum, bit new to all this.
We live in Yesilkent We are going to Turgutreis tomorrow for a few days really looking forward to it.
Staying at the Reishan.Could anyone tell me good places to eat there and visit? We will be on foot.
Thanks Chrissie

There are many places that are good to eat in, Friends Restaurant is a favourite of ours. We also like Nazar's for good turkish food, also the one on the corner just past the mosque opposite the square. As we don't eat fish or steak we cannot recommend , restaurants for that type of food.
If you walk along past the new marina (lovely coffee and cake in there) carry on past the boat yard and a small beach you will come to the park, its a lovely walk and you can eat in the restaurant there which is also very good. Its easy to get to from your hotel, bottom of the road turn left.
If you walk the other way along past the main beach, past all the big AI hotels you can walk as far as you can before the path stops its another nice refreshing walk.
Not much else in Turgetries but you can get the Dolmus into Gumusuluk and Yali.
Akaylar beaches are good too.
Depends what sort of things you are looking to do. Enjoy your stay

tjd

Lesley - looks like all that good food is repeating on you!

Pandora

Hi Lesley

Thanks for letting us know.................we look forward to trying them out. We heard Turgutreis is lovely so looking forward to the walks.
Will be a nice change for us.

Chrissie

If you do like fish, there is a great restaurant near the end of the street (right hand side) between Jandarma and Migros. Can't remember the name (sorry), but they take you to the fishmongers, you choose your fish, then they weigh it and price it there and then. Because of its location its cheaper than some of the fish restaurants near the harbour, but its packed every night with Turkish folk so that says it all ....

For a cheap and satisfying lunch we go to a little pide place opposite Carrefour up from town along the main road. Nothing special to look at but clean and pide with side salad is our favourite. My friends in Turgetries have told me a few of the restaurants are already closed but there will still be a few open.
I have heard good reports about the fish restaurant mentioned before

Gail

Mona Lisa on the beach front is very good and Family Tree is also one of our favourites, my husband says they do the best liver and onions but I usuall go for the curry. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Bobby

Hi Chrissie,

I would recommend Coolbreeze which is one of my favourites, its about a 5-10 minute walk from the Reishan (depending how fast you walk) its just past the Mandalinci Hotel. Also the Mona Lisa is nice, along the marina front.
Hope you enjoy your stay at the Reishan, We were there a few weeks ago and loved it.
Lou

Pandora

Hi everyone, just got back and really enjoyed our stay. Thank you for all your posts and I wished we would have checked them before we went as we only got to Lesleys.
Thank you Lesley, the park was lovely and I have still got sore thighs from the excercise equipment. Wish we had something like that in Yesilkent. We had lovely meals in Friends, Can and I think it was Alins (by the mosque).
Thank you Bobby, found Coolbreeze on our last morning after breakfast so too late to eat.
Wished I had got your post Gail as we love curry (Hope the pets are keeping well).
Kara......what a treat we could have had choosing our own fish!
Went to Yalikavak which happened to be markey day, what a good market, better than Didim market and cheaper!
Thank you all once again and it's nice to know there are nice people around.

May decide to sell next year and move somewhere along the peninsula so may be out again to explore further.

Chrissie

Latest Posts

Top Bottom