NHS from Turkey?
Forgive me if this as been covered before...
Is there anybody on the forum that has moved permanently to Turkey recently and still manages to come back to the UK for NHS care?
If so, how would you do that...keep an address open (say a friends or family member) in the UK?
Can it be done, and if so, how would you do it?

Mel.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
NHS from Turkey?
You've answered your own question really Mel. And, obviously don't tell too many people that you've moved.

NHS from Turkey?
Thanks for that.
Can you get into big trouble doing what I said?
Err...have I answered my own question again?
Mel.

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
NHS from Turkey?
We don't do it, but we know lots who do.

They just keep a UK address and do not tell the authorities they now live in Turkey. Seems to work.....

NHS from Turkey?
I'm not saying you should do it.
BUT, having both payed into the Uk system all our lives we were looking at a way to carry on using it, if we did decide to come to Turkey full-time in the future.
Mel

gerald

NHS from Turkey?
Eligibility for free NHS care is based on your residence status. If you are normally resident in the UK its free, otherwise....

As a UK resident I have never been asked to prove my eligibility, and I have heard of persons just turning up and getting free treatment who probably shouldn't receive it, so I'm not sure how they check for eligibility

You can browse this site and see what the rules are.

NHS from Turkey?
I was told by someone in NHS that if you claim NHS treatment & you were not eligable you could be asked to pay upto 10 x the cost as a way of a fine.

NHS from Turkey?
"... was told by someone in NHS that if you claim NHS treatment & you were not eligable you could be asked to pay upto 10 x the cost as a way of a fine..."

And yet according to this week's UK papers,failed asylum seekers (who have not paid a penny into the system) can get free care on the cash-strapped NHS.
What a soft-touch the UK is...

Back on topic,does anyone who lives in Turkey know of any reliable health care company they use?
Thanks.
Mel.

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
NHS from Turkey?
We have cash put aside in a special bank account. It just gets left there to accumulate interest and we use it when and if necessary (£5,800 for Ian's quadruple heart bypass for example).

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
NHS from Turkey?
We know lots of people who have insurance with a company called Solutions in Altinkum, their packages seem quite reasonable.

NHS from Turkey?
I have private health care through Yapi Kredi Bank.
There weren,t really many options 10 years ago. After 6 years with them, and a couple of minor claims, I received notification from them that they guaranteed to insure me for life.

Two months later, I was diagnosed with cancer. That was 2.5 years ago. Goodness knows how much I have cost them. I know that each chemo treatment costs in excess of 15,000 TL, and I will be on chemo until.........

Soo

Top Bottom