Mushtaq

Founding Member
Newcomers & Oldtimers - please read
We have new members joining on daily basis, usually because they have a question to ask or looking for information on Turkey.

A lot of time new members are not computer experts and maybe it's the first forum they have used so don't know how things work and how to find the information they are looking for.

So my request is that if you are a new member, browse the forum first, read the FAQ (links at the top menu) and use the search facility also at the top menu to look for answers, chances are your question has been asked and answered in the past, if you can't find the answer then go ahead and introduce yourself and ask your questions.

Existing members, please be gentle with newcomers and guide them with your knowledge and understanding, don't forget the time when you didn't know your google from your url.

Finally the forum is based on a very powerful database system, there is a lot of information stored here so please use the search facility to get the most out of it.

Last edited:

parrot

mushtaq said:
We have new members joining on daily basis, usually because they have a question to ask or looking for information on Turkey.

Existing members, please be gentle with newcomers and guide them with your knowledge and understanding, don't forget the time when you didn't know your google from your url.
Still don't.

whats a url..ist it one of those things that ive just been learning about from Terry..pmsl

its right about the search facility though..and i dont think any of us make proper use of it..
and sometimes people are given flippant answers i hope that wont put anybody off..the ones that do that are usually those that know the least!!
there isnt another forum with as much information about living in turkey as this forum

laz

i though url wo some thing ya did wen ya drank too much efes ooops.

but seriously this is a great place to find out all sorts o stuff n have made some nice friends too

trish

I'm more of a watcher than a poster but I agree this forum is one of the best; it's a mind of information. A credit to you Mustafa.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
"I'm more of a watcher than a poster but I agree this forum is one of the best; it's a mind of information. A credit to you Mustafa."

Quick people, get help - Mushtaq's been kidnapped and replaced by an inferior clone - send money immediately ....

C

Mushtaq

Founding Member
trish said:
I'm more of a watcher than a poster but I agree this forum is one of the best; it's a mind of information. A credit to you Mustafa.

Thank you Trish, I know what you mean :)

Mushtaq

MIKE P

You all do a fantastic job on this Forum.
Thanks to everyone including members for the continued helpfull info and tips on "Life in Turkey"
The experiences on the Forum have encouraged an improved "Trust" of people from all nationalities.creeds etc and is a great information "Bridge" between holidaymakers and serious potential Turkish Residents.
Thanks to all concerned with the Forum
Mike P

cokdeli

cokdeli
Is it possible to tell me why a very good friend of mine is been denied access to this forum, she lives in Turkey and is a very nice lady. I just don't get how or why she would be refused.

Any clues?

cokdeli

grarudspi

Please note that a requirement of membership of this forum does NOT include the ability to write perfect English or a spelling and grammar test.

It is apparent that we do have a number of people who post here who have difficulties in English spelling and grammar for various reasons. Some of them might feel intimidated by their problems being mentioned in a negative way even if not directed at them personally

Harem

I've cliqued
Welcome to the forum Grarudspi - Nice first post, are you a new moderator?

carolk

R.I.P
Welcome. What an odd first post. Are you or a friend having some problems with the forum?

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Please note that a requirement of membership of this forum does NOT include the ability to write perfect English or a spelling and grammar test.

It is apparent that we do have a number of people who post here who have difficulties in English spelling and grammar for various reasons. Some of them might feel intimidated by their problems being mentioned in a negative way even if not directed at them personally

But it is refreshing to read a post from someone who DOES have the ability to write in a legible style - even if only by way of introduction!:clap2:

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Where can you get the T shirts then. Sorry to change the subject a bit.

Fendouglas

Gangless!
Well! Garudspi didn't last long - thanked 3 times in 2 posts but only posted once??????:confused:

"If you can't stand the heat - stay out of the Classroom!"

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
But it is refreshing to read a post from someone who DOES have the ability to write in a legible style - even if only by way of introduction!:clap2:

Thanks for those very kind words Fendouglas. If you click on the link below you'll be able to read the rest of MY well written post, from 25th February 2009, that's been copied and pasted by the "Spammer" grarudspi. :roundgrin

http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/forum-suggestions-feedback/22393-spelling-grammar.html

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer

I am proficient in balderdash, doggerrel and gibberish, unfortunately English and Turkish elude me.

Steve.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom