Newbie in the Forum. One year living in Istanbul
Hi everyone. I've been living in Istanbul for a year, bought my own apartment here and would you believe have only just discovered this Forum? Hope to have a lively interchange of views here as well as exchange of information about living in Turkey.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find loads of answers, and questions, on here.

Bubskar

Hello there - welcome to the Forum. I know you will enjoy being "one of the family". Lot's of information to be gleened here and hopefully you will be contributing a lot of interesting info for us to enjoy. I for one maybe picking your brains. Seriously thinking of coming to Istanbul for the winter and need some insight as to what to expect.

Hi Istanbul Expat. Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will enjoy it here with lots of info about living in Turkey.
Also try the Sublime Portal website this is set up for expats in Istanbul and they have regular social meets too. So where are you living what are you doing please PM me I love Istanbul.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Welcome Istanbul ex-pat, only been to Istanbul once and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, would love to visit again one of these days. Looking forward to hearing about your experience there.

ChrisBobs

Welcome to the Forum, love visiting Istanbul but cant imagine living there, so well done!

Thank you all for your friendly welcome:)
To tell you a bit about myself; I'm an English teacher of 12 years experience and have one or two friends in or near Istanbul which is why I picked here. I also do Fitness seriously and most mornings find me in the local gym:)
I left my flat for 10 months and came back to a serious flea infestation (there are stray cats around this neighbourhood) that even six fumigations have not completely eradicated! Such is the fun of living in historic Beyoglu!
ChrisBobs - you are right...Istanbul is noisy and not for everyone, that's for sure.
Bubscar - feel free to pick my brains! Why are you thinking of spending the winter in Istanbul? One thing...winter is really the rainy season here, that's for sure. Last year it started in December and rained almost solidly for 6 months!

ChrisBobs

Beyoglu is great, pity about those extra tenants!
You might like to join the current thread about foreigners working- questions about if treachers get permits or not...

ted j

Hi from me too hope you find the forum as informative as i do. Ted

Tess

Hi and a warm welcome to the Forum, interesting to hear about Istanbul. Sorry about your flea infestation my word I would be scratching for ever!!!! Hope you get it sorted.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Hello and welcome from me too, have fun.

Jeannie

Harem

I've cliqued
Hi and welcome to the forum - you will find it far more addictive than your fleas!!!!!!!

Harem, I hope so:) Thanks to everyone for their nice and friendly welcomes; I look forward to contributing to your Forum:)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom