Eileen P

New Year on the Hillside
Just got back from a week on the Hillside, we can't believe what great weather we had. We had one thunderstorm which seemed to clear the air, although it wasn't sun bathing weather it was nice enough to sit outside in the sun. The Belgium family even had a barbeque on New Years Eve. There were only 5 apartments occupide, we spoke to all except Andrew and Mary we called on them a couple of times but got no answer and didn't see them about. We asked Kennan if anything had been organised for New Years Eve and he said no, he was waiting to see who arrived. We made our own arraingments and went out with friends to Pinocio's Restaurant in Altinkum. We gave Lartiste and his wife a lift into Didim as they too had made their own arraingments. We had a great week and were happy to spend New Year looking at our fabulous view.
The site has come on a lot since we were there in October, there is lots of planting still going on and walls have been built on the slopes going down, its looking good. Hope to see everyone next time.

Regards Eileen & Eddie

New Year on the Hillside
Hiya Eileen and Eddie,

Sorry to have missed you both. It would have been great to have met up with you. Yes the weather was great wasn't it!!?

We find it is a real hit and miss affair as to whether or not you can meet up with folks onsite. With no letter boxes it is not possible to put notes through doors either.

How does everybody feel about having a notice board either in the office, which I think is best as it is open most often, or in the restaurant? Just to have a place we can leave messages or pick them up. A central point if you like. Just a thought as this is not the 1st time we have missed people onsite.

Although we did manage to meet up with lartiste22 and his lovely wife, but that was because Linda and Tom arranged it. We also called on Madwife but they were either hiding or out.!

Happy New Year to you all

Madwife

New Year on the Hillside
Hiya Eileen and Eddie,

Sorry to have missed you both. It would have been great to have met up with you. Yes the weather was great wasn't it!!?

We find it is a real hit and miss affair as to whether or not you can meet up with folks onsite. With no letter boxes it is not possible to put notes through doors either.

How does everybody feel about having a notice board either in the office, which I think is best as it is open most often, or in the restaurant? Just to have a place we can leave messages or pick them up. A central point if you like. Just a thought as this is not the 1st time we have missed people onsite.

Although we did manage to meet up with lartiste22 and his lovely wife, but that was because Linda and Tom arranged it. We also called on Madwife but they were either hiding or out.!

Happy New Year to you all
Sorry we missed you Andrew & Mary. No, we weren't hiding. We did go out a fair bit, but our bell/intercom isn't working & if we're up top then we can't hear the door being knocked.

I think that's a brilliant idea of yours; it is difficult to communicate with other Hillsiders isn't it. Let's give it a try.

LOL, Lynne

Eileen P

New Year on the Hillside
Hi Andrew & Mary

Sorry we missed you , Hope you had a good New Years eve. We think your idea of a notice board and post boxes is a good one. I would think we should have post boxes or pidgeon holes in the office for any post. What if people intend to live on site how do they get their mail?

Hope to see you next time.

Regards

Eileen & Eddie

lakegl

New Year on the Hillside
Great idea about the central messaging point. It is amazing how you can loose yourself when you are there and miss others. It always amazes me that we keep in such close touch over here, go over there and miss each other!
Longing for my first visit this season - maybe April/May.
Best wishes to all and thanks for the update
Glenda

Jon & Mia

New Year on the Hillside
Or how about keeping it simple and just buying a post box for the wall outside your door? Having read this thread I think that what I will be doing

jewel

New Year on the Hillside
Yes the little post boxes are fairly cheap and come with a key so no one can take your mail. jewel x

Latest Posts

Top Bottom