New year 2010
Hiya Guys,

We are on the hillside for the New Year. Kenen(the man behind the pool bar) was talking to Andrew and said he is hoping to arrange a 'do'. We just wanted to know who, if anyone was going to take him up on his offer. Would be nice if we could really see the New Year in on the hillside. Just a thought.

:cheers:

Madwife

New year 2010
We're gonna be there. although we might find ourselves 'obliged' to be at Celebi's with friends

BUT, if enough of us are on the Hillside, it would be great to have a do there. We've been told that to have fireworks we have to apply for permission at least 10 days in advance. Is anyone in a position to do that? We only arrive 27th

Eileen P

New year 2010
Hi Andrew and Mary

We will be there, we arrive on the 26th for one week. We did mention to Kenan that we hopefully would be going over. Do we need to let him know.

Eileen & Eddie

New year 2010
Hi Andrew and Mary,

We might be there from the 26th for one week, looking at flights and will confirm later.

Ian and Alison

lindate

Linda, Apollon G6
New year 2010
Hi Andrew and Mary

Tom and I will be there for two weeks from 21 December. See you there.

Regards

Linda and Tom

Jon & Mia

New year 2010
As there are going to be quite a few people over at the beginning of January are there any plans to hold the AGM which somebody at UFUK has decided must be held in January? If so perhaps one of the agenda items could be to reset the date of the meeting to (say) September or October each year when there will be more people visiting.

Bill & Cate

New year 2010
Hiya

Just got back - Spoke to Utku about the "January" meeting and he said that it was only put in as "January" because the site should have been ready by December.... but it would be more than likely the meeting would be in June/July. So it is not set in concrete that it has to be January..... but you all know as well as I do that what is said isn't always how it is!!!! However, it is important that we get our "committee" set up as soon as possible to give us more leverage. Who would be willing to take on an active part. It would be preferable to have the active members as people who will be over there most often - i.e. either living there permanently or who will be over regularly. Bill and I are planning on moving over next year but will not be living on the Hillside.

Cate

New year 2010
As there are going to be quite a few people over at the beginning of January are there any plans to hold the AGM which somebody at UFUK has decided must be held in January? If so perhaps one of the agenda items could be to reset the date of the meeting to (say) September or October each year when there will be more people visiting.

Hi,

I must admit to knowing little about AGMs and such like, but I thought that members had to be voted onto the committee. Why is there going to be an AGM? Do we have a committee? I was under the impression that Ufuk would run the site for 5 years and then it would be handed over to a management team, either a company we pay for or a team made up of residents with a chair person and then various members, treasurer and secretary for example.

I would like someone to put me right on these things as otherwise I am in the dark as to what is going on.

If this committe does get off the ground though, I would like to be considered for a 'post'.

A confused Mary:noidea:

Bill & Cate

New year 2010
My understanding is that the owners form a committee between them. People will be voted onto the committee but obviously we need people to volunteer themselves so that we have people to vote for.

Once the committee is up and running then we can vote on what we want to happen on the complex. We can then ask to see the bills and receipts for all money paid out on maintenance, etc. We can vote against things also - say for example so many people want extra facilities and others don't, etc., etc. This committee will effectively run the complex in other words by doing what the majority of the owners want. It is NOT a committee of people against Ufuk - Ufuk will only be another property owner same as us. Although until ALL the apartments are sold he will have more votes than anyone - i.e. one apartment = one vote. Note the filtration system was installed before the committee could ask too many questions and has anyone seen the receipts for the cost of the system and installation? Well, once the committee is formed we will be able to ask for them.

We really need to have some control over the complex but it will not be plain sailing for anyone on the Committee. Remember that if some don't pay the maintenance fees then the committee will have to sort that out as well.

Mary, I must read over all my paperwork again to see if Ufuk will be maintaining the complex for five years.

So, anyway, we have one volunteer already. Well done Mary. Anyone else? (I assume Mr. Ufuk will be on the committee as well - so we really have at least two). Like I said before it is preferable to have people who will be there permanently or regularly so that they can ensure that the things we pay for are actually being done - like the pool being cleaned, the areas kept clean and tidy, the shuttle bus running, etc., etc.

I would also urge others to e-mail Mushtaq to ask him for a copy of the translation of the Turkish Condominium Law. (The management plan that some have received is based on this and as far as I can see it is just a standard management plan but no doubt there are things that I have missed 'cos I really don't know -never having done this before).

Please also realise that this is just the way I see it - it may not necessarily be correct.

Cate

Jon & Mia

New year 2010
Cate
You sound like an ideal candidate for the committee to me. It will need people capable and willing to do the research to get it up and running. in a few years time it will be a lot easier for people to join the committee when people stand down as the procedures will already be established.
Jon

New year 2010
Jon and Mia,

I think you would be great too Jon. And your PC skills would be greatly used and appreciated. Give it a thought. I would vote for you!!!!!!:3:

Jon & Mia

New year 2010
Thanks Mary.
My problem would be the amount of time I could give to it. In 3 years time when I retire I would be happy to stand, until then I feel that I could not do it justice, but I will hapilly help out where I can in the background

Madwife

New year 2010
Who's going to be on the Hillside for the New year?

If it's you, can you put a post on this thread please so we can get an idea of the numbers

Cheers everyone - Lyyne

Eileen P

New year 2010
Hi Lyyne

We will be there on 26th December for one week, look forward to meeting everyone.

Regards

Eileen & Eddie

New year 2010
Hi, we will be there from 28th. There is a Hillside Calender where you can put your visit times. Click on the calender tab at the top of this page, go to the bottom of that page and change it from default to Ufuk calender.And there it is. We already have our dates on as do some others. Makes it easier to see who's there.

M

New year 2010
Hiya Kenan,

Welcome to the forum. You need to introduce yourself properly to the Forum though. Nice to see you here.

Kronos B1,4

kenanhillside

New year 2010
Hiya Guys,

We are on the hillside for the New Year. Kenen(the man behind the pool bar) was talking to Andrew and said he is hoping to arrange a 'do'. We just wanted to know who, if anyone was going to take him up on his offer. Would be nice if we could really see the New Year in on the hillside. Just a thought.

:cheers:
NEW YEAR AT HILLSIDE?

Will you be staying at Hillside for the New Year?
We will be here and having a PARTY.
If you would like to join the party please confirm with Kenan with a private message

How about a BBQ Grill with a selection of meats and fish?
Mezzes (selection of Turkish starters) and a selection of Turkish desserts.

OR
If you have any ideas or preferences please discuss with Kenan.

Please let us know by 28th December if you want to join the party.

HILLSIDE WILL BE ROCKING!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom