ceemac

Shake It Baby...
New Turkish Buying Guide
Cadogan Guides and the Sunday Times have collaborated to produce a winning guide to take you through the buying process. Writers John Howell and Tim Locke are a top international property lawyer and international travel guide team who were ably assisted by Turkish legal experts.

Read more here

C

OWENA

New Turkish Buying Guide
Cadogan Guides and the Sunday Times have collaborated to produce a winning guide to take you through the buying process. Writers John Howell and Tim Locke are a top international property lawyer and international travel guide team who were ably assisted by Turkish legal experts.

Read more here

C
I bought this book back in 05, thought we had done everything correctly and everything covered and we still had major problems. Other owners on our complex, who have become good friends now, also bought this book. Wonder if Mr Howell has altered it to cover recent developments?

tomc1984

New Turkish Buying Guide
Pardon my ignorance but I thought advertising was not allowed on this forum, is this not just an advert for a £14 book, although, don't get me wrong, it is probably a very good and useful book. Just that recently I was slightly interested in the UKTV thing mentioned here last week but this was taken off because it was advertising.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
New Turkish Buying Guide
Tom et al,

There's a distinct difference between advertising and promoting your own product, and purely recommending a product or service in which you have no personal financial interest.

:roundgrin

EVELYNNE

evelynne
New Turkish Buying Guide
isn't life strange , someone posts an article with the only reaqson being that they may help someone on here and it gets slapped back in one way or another.

Although off topic, I wonder how many members don;t bother posting anymore because of negative remarks and criticisms

Eve

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
New Turkish Buying Guide
Sorry, I should have mentioned this a second edition updated version and you can read a pretty comprehensive preview of the book here

C

tomc1984

New Turkish Buying Guide
Point taken, I am just as guilty of others in maybe suggesting a good restaurant or whatever. Just wondering I think what happened to that TV guy from last week and if it might work.

Martyn

New Turkish Buying Guide
The poster for the technology, which as best was doubtful, was offered the chance of an advert. If it was a major breakthrough in satellite technology he would be taking up an advert on more that this forum. We did what we thought best for the members on here.

panther

New Turkish Buying Guide
A lot of people don't want to read a lot of mind boggling information.

It would be easier to understand if someone compiled a list of the Do's and Don'ts.

Peregrine

New Turkish Buying Guide
You can download the book for free from Buying in Turkey: The Best Turkish Property and Property Advice for Turkey from the Experts.

I bought the book last year then came across this website, downloaded the guide and was annoyed that it contained all the same information.

the contents and preview didnt inspire me to buy it - a poor attempt I thought and missing some critical information/comment such as the process for off-plan purchasing and the Turkish Ko-op system

civciv

New Turkish Buying Guide
From what I have gleaned on other property sites, the author's law company seems to have disappeared from the internet, as well as the office closing down or moving but no communication with buyers. He is representing those people who bought the Midas PLC project called Peninsula Village near Cesme - there is a thread on here - I guess those buyers wont be impressed enough with his services to fork out £14.

Ava

New Turkish Buying Guide
I never said it was good, in fact it was very basic. It reminded me of a glossy magazine showing Interiors of fancy houses nice pictures but no substance.

I was annoyed because I had spent money on it, even if it was second hand from Amazon. It's ok as a starting point but I wouldn't recommend buying it, that's why I said to download it for free.

Tess

New Turkish Buying Guide
With the greatest of respect IMHO I do think Ceemac was ultimately giving us another platform to glean any kind of information regarding the buying process in Turkey, due to the almost daily posts of problems I personally seize upon any type of information available, it may not be the best anyone has ever seen or the best anyone can supply but in my opinion his heart was in helping and I for one, thank you for caring Ceemac. Please continue to post anything you think relevant.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
New Turkish Buying Guide
Thanks Sharon - us Norn Iron wans have tae stick thegether......

I didn't ever say this book was good or bad - just bringing it to folks attention as it is about Turkey.

The first post I made that referred to the book as a 'winning guide' was from the review section of Today's Zaman which I provided a link to - just wanted to clarify that.

C

Last edited:

Ava

New Turkish Buying Guide
I agree the more information available the better that's why I posted the link to download this book for free. I wasn't implying that just because I found it basic that everyone would.

jcrian

New Turkish Buying Guide
Another book new members might be interested in is..........

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Handbook-Living-Turkey-Pat-Yale/dp/9944424064/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249622984&sr=8-1]A Handbook for Living in Turkey: Amazon.co.uk: Pat Yale, Trici Venola: Books[/ame]

Peregrine

New Turkish Buying Guide
I agree the more information available the better that's why I posted the link to download this book for free. I wasn't implying that just because I found it basic that everyone would.

Ava, without wishing to appear to "have a go at you" it is actually no help to people to direct them to information that is not particularly good. If you had originally said "but its pretty basic information" that would have been better

The best guides are on the official Turkish Economywebsite and cover pretty much everything (except the pitfalls)

What is needed is the sort of "Buyer Beware" guide that was started by Crashtester as it gives practical advice on the areas that can be exploited by fraudsters

thanks to both you and ceemac for bringing the guide to our attention - but next time you should give a comment on wheter it is worh buying or reading

Latest Posts

Top Bottom