arrian

R.I.P
new to this forum
hi everyone, just found this forum, and as we are going to turgutreis on the 13 sept for 2 weeks, i'm hoping for lots of info. my name is arrian and i am a great grandmother to 3 little beauties! i come from manchester area & will be with my husband & 2 good friends from cardiff.

been to turkey several times but first time to turgutreis. my husband has COPD so we are very limited in what we can do as he has mobility probs. due to his illness. we may be older but we're not fuddy-duddies! my husband would like to do some fishing near the marina, is this possible? and any other ideas would be helpful. i know about the market and i believe there is a park as well, is it near the centre? look forward to ANY replies!!!!! :3::3::3:

p.s.this may be my husbands last holiday abroad due to his health, so would like it to be a good one!

Martyn

new to this forum
Hi and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your husbands health but I'm sure he will enjoy your holiday.

Tess

new to this forum
Hi and a warm welcome to the Forum, I hope you enjoy your holiday and find plenty of info of this fab forum prior to going, then I hope you stay with us and join in the craic!!!

new to this forum
Hi, welcome to the Forum.I am going back out on the 11th , I'll pm you my contact number, maybe we can meet for a coffee. Enjoy your holiday.

arrian

R.I.P
new to this forum
thanks everyone, really looking forward to going, love turkey but don't know t/treis yet, can't wait!!! only 10 days to go!!! :474cu::474cu::474cu:

jakkigers

Eccleston/Konacik
new to this forum
Welcome to the forum - now you've found it you'll be hooked.

The park (if memory serves me right it's Sabinci Park) is at the other side of the marina from the town centre and is a lovely place to visit. There's a fantastic statue dedicated to Turget Reis and a nice cafe at the end where you can sit and have a coffee or whatever while looking out over the sea. We always call in there whenever we go to Turgetreis (we have a house in Gumbet and visit often) and love it.

The marina is lovely to look round as well. Some nice shops and lovely cafes. Take some bread and feed the fish - you'll be amazed at how many come swimming up to eat - talk about a feeding frenzy!!

arrian

R.I.P
new to this forum
Welcome to the forum - now you've found it you'll be hooked.

The park (if memory serves me right it's Sabinci Park) is at the other side of the marina from the town centre and is a lovely place to visit. There's a fantastic statue dedicated to Turget Reis and a nice cafe at the end where you can sit and have a coffee or whatever while looking out over the sea. We always call in there whenever we go to Turgetreis (we have a house in Gumbet and visit often) and love it.

The marina is lovely to look round as well. Some nice shops and lovely cafes. Take some bread and feed the fish - you'll be amazed at how many come swimming up to eat - talk about a feeding frenzy!!

thanks for that, is it ok for fishing? my husband can't get about much so thats what he's hoping to do. (tried to thank you using the "thankyou" button but it wouldn't let me, don't understand why not) :36329ht5b

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
new to this forum
Hi Arrian, we've kinda met, lol. I'd posted in response to you on the "Only 4 days to go", thread. Sorry to hear that it will be your last holiday abroad due to your Hubby's health, I hope you all have a great time, and hubby gets to do some fishing too.

Lesley

PASH

new to this forum
Hello and welcome - i have often seen grown ups and kids throwing a line from the harbour in the hope of catching a fish, i cannot see that being a problem. They tend to use a hook with bread on it (or at least, thats what it looks like) Hope you all have a wonderful time and its a holiday to remember

arrian

R.I.P
new to this forum
Hello and welcome - i have often seen grown ups and kids throwing a line from the harbour in the hope of catching a fish, i cannot see that being a problem. They tend to use a hook with bread on it (or at least, thats what it looks like) Hope you all have a wonderful time and its a holiday to remember

went to kos a few years ago and met 2 foreign tourists ( can't remember where from ) and they were using cheese. couldn't believe how many fish they caught. fish LOVE cheese!!: fish pie anyone? :77wu::77wu::77wu:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom