mickeylove

new to Side
Hi

I have recently moved to Side with my husband and baby daughter we are near to the red lion but not yet met any local english we moved from marmaris where there are lots of brits of all ages.

I was wondering if there are any mums with young children and babies in the area or does anyone know of a good creche that meets brit standards.

We are not regular pub goers mainly due to little one so it is quite hard to meet people.

I have been living and working in turkey since 1993 have a fair knowledge of turkey and the language I am still commuting to marmaris on business but eventually will have lots of spare time to meet up with any mums or mums to be.

take care everyone

mickeylove

new to Side
Hello and welcome to the Forum.

We are moving out to Side soon, is the Red Lion the place on the corner near the dual carriage way (sorry can't remember the name of the road) not far from the roundabout with the big flag on?

Chris and Sue

Leo

new to Side
Hi

I have recently moved to Side with my husband and baby daughter we are near to the red lion but not yet met any local english we moved from marmaris where there are lots of brits of all ages.

I was wondering if there are any mums with young children and babies in the area or does anyone know of a good creche that meets brit standards.

We are not regular pub goers mainly due to little one so it is quite hard to meet people.

I have been living and working in turkey since 1993 have a fair knowledge of turkey and the language I am still commuting to marmaris on business but eventually will have lots of spare time to meet up with any mums or mums to be.

take care everyone

mickeylove

Hi mickeylove,

Welcome to the forum. Loads of really helpful folk here. We have an apartment just in Ilica, on the outskirts of Side.

Cheers

Leo.

moortenerife

moortenerife
new to Side
hi and welcome to you all.
we have just come back from side yesterday, after a week furnishing an apartment there. i am coming back out at the end of the month as some of the furniture had to be ordered and i wanted to be there to check everything is alright. we have one apartment next to the mosque/saturday market which we have had 4 yr and the one we have just furnished, is opposite the stadium behind the beach, and next to the artemis hotel. hope you enjoy turkey, maybe in the summer when we come over with our two grandchildren one 2, the other 3 yrs old, we could meet up. i am sure you will soon meet other mums with young children to share your experiences with. good luck to you all.

mickeylove

new to Side
Hi Everyone

Many thanks for the warm welcome I am looking forward to living here in Side at the moment I am back and forward to marmaris but will be glad to finally settle full time in Side especially after the warm welcome from you guys hope we can meet up eventually. the red lion is further up from the flag. past the saturday market just past bim but before korellis restaurant we are living not far about 5 min walk. I found a creche there is a new one open but decided to wait until winter to put my little one in after she settles here a bit longer.

take care and thanks all

Gerry

Philogic

new to Side
Hi. we are out in Side 10/25th May. My place is near the Lemas Suite Hotel. I occasionally visit the Red Lion and also 'One for the Road' run by Ken which is behind the Garanti Bank near the big red flag. Quite a few ex-pats use this bar.
Phil

louise17

new to Side
Hi there, I have recently moved to Manavgat with a 3yr old living with her dad, a turkish guy, she has started a lovely creche near us, where she goes mornings, would like her to mix with others too as she is a bit shy, are you still in Side? How old is your daughter Mickeylove? Look forward to hearing from anyone in a similar situation, or if anyone knows of a playgroup etc.
Louise

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
new to Side
louıse17 - suggest you pop into Side to meet Ken and Jan who run the One For The Road Pub which is just behind Akbank Garanti Bank and Yapi Kredi by the big roundabout with the flag at the beginning of the ruins road. Open from 1pm to about 10pm each day and they have bingo evenings and quiz nights and lots of other events for Brits. They have lived in the area for years and know all there is to know about Side and Manavgat - including creches etc - investments - best hotels - the lot! Nice to have an Efes and a chat with them when İ pop into my bank. Literally behind Yapi Kredi and before A101 shop.

mickeylove

new to Side
Hi There

Just read your post my little one is just two but a handful we have been back and forth to marmaris all summer but just settled forthe winter I have looked at two creches which were very modern and well set up what put me off were the staff they seemed more interested in themselves and sitting ata desk looking the part but this was front of office and both creches were brand new, so far we have not joıned any and not heard of any playgroups either I was goıing to look at the one in manavgat it has been there a while. I will let you know, my husband is turkish as well if you hear of any playgroups let me know which creche are you taking your little one too we could have a look it would be nice for us to meet up if you would like for a coffee and a chat let me know we can make a playdate for the children.

take care

hope to hear from you soon I can let you have my mob number

Gerry

angelaturkey

new to Side
Gerry + Louise - - I suggest you pop down and meet Sally of Kale Emlak. She sells English books outside her Estate Agency which is on the main Side to Manavgat Road where Bim is and A101 shop - just before the superb greengrocers shop with LOADS of fresh fruit and veggies and on the same road as Side Riviera Properties, the Crown Restaurant and the 24-hour GREAT Cihan Restaurant which also does takeaways and FREE deliveries - and quickly too! Sally has lived in Side for years - her Mum, Anne, has lived in Kusadasi for years - (both English) -they each have an Estate Agency in both towns and seem to know just about anything you may like to know about the local area ... Side ... Manavgat ... babies ... creches ... etc. They are open Mondays to Fridays from about 10am to 4pm now I think for the winter months. Sally herself is now pregnant - about 16 weeks I think - and she will no doubt have lots of good ideas for you both. I am in England now but back in Side from 3rd Jan 2010 if you would like to meet up then perhaps?

mickeylove

new to Side
Angelaturkey-Thanks for that info we already met sally and her mother and cengkiz, books I have plenty time to read them I do not due to my litlle handful of fun.

I am hoping to meet up with Louise (I pm'd you hope you got it as I kept being sent back to log in) we have decided to wait a little before sending my daughter to the creche due to the h1n1 virus thing going on apparently not many people are sending their children at the mo and I am still researching about this vaccination.

Angelaturkey - would be great to meet up with you when you get back you seem to know everything there is about Side question for you and anyone out there - we are looking for a fitness centre/Gym must have pool does anyone know of one the pool is essential so far we cannot find one or a hotel that will let us pay to use their pool any ideas !!!

thanks everyone for all your help

angelaturkey

new to Side
Thanks for the compliments MickeyLove - wish I did know everything about Side ! But nobody in this life is a true expert - I just keep asking my friends and neighbours when I don.t know - as I like to learn for myself - and then pass on to anyone interested. I met Louise at a Halloween Party but didn.t get much of a chance to chat as there were so many that night - so perhaps in January we can all meet up together? LOVELY place to go then = Red and White Bar down in Old Town Side where there are lots of big comfy sofas and space and the walls are the actual Roman ruins. Down main 'High Street' half way to harbour and turn right to the Jandarma street and it's there - next to Cuba Bar where the big Cadillac sticks out above the bar sign. It is part of the Antik Side SUPERB restaurant which has best views of turtles and sunsets there - but Efes is 9 Lire ?! although an omelette is only 10 Lire. Or Apollonic right on the harbour and last restaurant/bar before the APollo Temple is FAB in winter months with a log burning fire and where all the Turks go too. RE GYM ... there is a gym you can join monthly or annually in Side ... go to the big roundabout with the flat at the base of the ruins road just next to Yapi Kredi, Guaranti Bank and Akbank and if the banks are to your left and the ruins road to your right - go straight across and it is right there. Lots of my friends have joined that one. Not me .. I prefer to walk and walk and walk ... along the beach .. to the bank ... visiting friends etc And YES you are right ... there is nowhere in Side that has a gym AND a swimming pool. Your only option is to beg the manager of the nearest 5 star hotel if you can go in now and then for a set fee. I tried that myself but was turned down! They wanted 40 Euros PER DAY ... guess why I walk now instead ....

louise17

new to Side
Hi Mickeylove,

I did PM you, but I assume you can't see it, for whatever reason! Be good to meet up, afternoons suit me best cos my little one is in the creche mornings til 1245, can't do monday but could do tues or weds next wk, you choose, happy to come to Side. I know what you mean about a pool. Godak is the creche we use, really happy with it.
Let me know when you are free.
Louise

Ricey

new to Side
Hi there, I have recently moved to Manavgat with a 3yr old living with her dad, a turkish guy, she has started a lovely creche near us, where she goes mornings, would like her to mix with others too as she is a bit shy, are you still in Side? How old is your daughter Mickeylove? Look forward to hearing from anyone in a similar situation, or if anyone knows of a playgroup etc.
Louise

hi , we live in Side all year round and our daughter (10)goes to school here too . We have been here for 3 years now and lovin it with NO regrets.
Get in touch any one as we will be glad to help anyone if we can ....
take care....Steve

Last edited:

mickeylove

new to Side
Thanks steve for that info. we decided to wait awhile longer before putting our daughter in creche we have just been holıdaying around antalya to see where we want to be as we have not 100% decided to stay in side.

It is a very hard decision to make but at the moment we do not see many facilities for our little one to enjoy here in side.

Hope everyone had a great xmas and new year.

angelaturkey

new to Side
Hello Everyone in Side - İ am now here until 04 February if you would like to meet up - send me a PM please - sun shining now after the rain - lucky to be here after all that snow in Uk over Xmas ! Angela

Latest Posts

Top Bottom