luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
New to here!!
Hi and welcome to TLF - I am sure you will pick up lots of tips and advice on here
Main thing is take your time - do lots of research about the area - try to buy a property that is establshed -- and make sure you see the title deeds and habitition certificate - do not buy off plan or half fnished
Remember it is a buyers market and there are some great bargains to be had !

Sara-666

New to here!!
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your house hunting, there are some beautiful places around Bodrum I'm sure you will find lots you like

Sara

New to here!!
I am 32 and Rudy is 42 We live in Amsterdam as he is Dutch...
We are looking for a place to buy a place in Bodrum..
We have a dog called pasha, she is a mix of yorkiemalt, she will be coming with us..
We will appreciate every help we can get as we don't know much about living in Turkey.
We are thinking about Gumusluk, Turgutreis and Gundogan.. Please let me know what you guys think about.
:nosepick:

Peregrine

New to here!!
Hi guys,
We like to buy a place in Bodrum, do you have any tips??

:nosepick:

oh yes! another eager sucker just waiting to be fleeced

Tip 1 - dont do it

but if you do, then Tip 2 - be very careful, study the market and be sure you understand what you are getting into, and ..................... most importantly of all ..........................GET A BL**DY LAWYER!!

do some searches on here and youll get the rest of the story from Crashtesters Buying Guide to Carolk's court case. Its all her if yoy care to spend the time looking (if you dont then PM me and I will happily sell you a pup and take all your money)

oh, one last thing - dont pick your nose. Its rather offputting

New to here!!
Lesley, Martyn, Philip, bebs, Sara, KKOB... Guys thank you all very much for your warm welcome.

Thank you luckcat68 for you tip about "doing lots of research before buying".

To peregrine, it sounds like you hate the place, why the hell are you there?
I think we are intelligent enough not to get fleeced.. Though Thank you for your advice I will be more careful while looking to buy a place..

Great to be here...

Tess

New to here!!
Hi Rudy and Aytun, welcome to the forum, i do hope you enjoy. If you are intending to buy please remember there are many places for sale, and don't rush, take your time and do your homework. You are on the correct route by joining this wonderful forum and as said by others do take the opportunity of being a member here to do research. If you need any help feel free to ask and always someone will be along soon to assist.
Please be very careful and do choose wisely amongst the wonderful stories here are some very sad one's and you are in the best place starting out and learning of them before you part any money.
Don't mind Peregrine, he isn't long out from a very dark place, but we don't like to talk about it to upset him.

PS Rudy and Aytun, some highly intellegent people got fleeced, just be very careful, it is achievable so don't fret.
Anything and I mean anything which sounds too good to be true, generally is so any help you need to continue, just ask.

Last edited:

Peregrine

New to here!!
Blimey !! you're back on form Perry

well it might be harsh, but its meant to be a wake up call.

they sound all lovey-dovey, thinking about living in turkey. But their total lack of knowledge will be their undoing

As you all know its just so simple to buy property in Turkey - hand over a wad of cash, sign a few bits of paper and its done.

But NO - it aint that simple- theres taxes, POA, TAPU, Habitation Certificate, houses being buldozered, Military permission etc etc etc. Its highy complex and the unwary will get ripped off without even knowing it

so the best advice is - dont do it (until you understand the process and the risks)

Peregrine

New to here!!
Lesley, Martyn, Philip, bebs, Sara, KKOB... Guys thank you all very much for your warm welcome.

Thank you luckcat68 for you tip about "doing lots of research before buying".

To peregrine, it sounds like you hate the place, why the hell are you there?
I think we are intelligent enough not to get fleeced.. Though Thank you for your advice I will be more careful while looking to buy a place..

Great to be here...

Rudy - quite the contrary. I love it

but no matter how intelligent you are you are going to be fair game for the rogues that are out there

I dont know you so really I dont give a fig if you get fleeced or not. Just giving you some good advice - not "good luck theres lots to choose from" which actually doesnt help you at all.

Theres no quick fix in the property business - you have to do the research, as tess says

and yes i might be a bit techy as the GGs have had me locked up for a week in a dark damp basement

(ah, theres another thing - the damp problem. Make sure you check that one out before you buy)

New to here!!
I said "We don't know much about LIVING in Turkey".. We know a lot about Turkey and we have been to many many places in Turkey...

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
New to here!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom