steveo

new road from Bodrum airport to Akbuk
Hi to every one..can anyone answer the following ...is there a new road being built from Bodrum airport to Akbuk ???
Regards Steve (Summer Breeze J3)

maggie

Well Ive been here in Akbuk for almost 2 years and theres been rumours for the whole time.
No doubt someone on here will know if this really is going to happen.

Hugs Maggie xxxx

...I'm sure they have, but it's still like driving along an assault coarse.
Back to topic, it would be nice if they did build a new road from Bodrum to Akbuk, but I wouldn't hold your breath...!

Mel.

P.S I shouldn't moan really because the Council Tax we pay is very low.

Last edited:

martin m

Hi steveo
I cant answer your specific question, however are you aware of the mountain road from airport to akbuk, i first learnt of it on here and from what i can gather it would never be a good idea to do it in the dark, but ive had a look on google earth and realy intend to explore it when over this year.
martin

3m's

we were taken back to the airport via the mountain road last week even with a driver who knew where he was, and in daylite i wouldn't advise it, even more potholes than didim-akbuk and very narrow.Had a near miss in 1 of the villages where they park on blind bend in 1 car width street and traffic races thro. It was quicker but hair-raising with beautiful scenery (if you aren' trying to keep hold of stomach contents)

akbukowl

The mountain road is ok in day light,why don't you drive along it and call at some of the little bays along the -Kaziliki-iassos etc you will have been more than halfway and i am sure you will soon tackle the other half.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom