RichnKim

We've Made It!
New mosque in Arikbasi
We was passing Arikbasi area earlier today and noticed the structure of a mosque being built.
Does anyone know anything about this? When it was started?

Richnkim

New mosque in Arikbasi
Apparently it has been built by a local man as a "thank you" for recovering from a heart bypass operation. According to a piece in the Dalyan Times all the builders were brought in from a special Mosque building firm in Denizli.

dalyansteve

New mosque in Arikbasi
Yes that's as maybe but will it any better attended than the other 2 ????? Complete waste of time and money.

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
New mosque in Arikbasi
Yes that's as maybe but will it any better attended than the other 2 ????? Complete waste of time and money.

not the point! mosques are beautiful works off art like old cathedrals! build more!!!!

Last edited:
New mosque in Arikbasi
Surely a matter for the Turkish people to decide rather than guests in their country. Or maybe you think another karaoke bar would be more beneficial to Dalyan's current image and the British requirements.

ihutch

New mosque in Arikbasi
No we do NOT need more bars, clubs or restaurants - we have more than enough for such a small village and if it gets full of new mosques then so be it - at least they are peaceful (well most times) and good to look at. How many people attend I don't know but may be some that live in that area will go more now it is closet to them. Personally I love hearing the call every day (except by the one who sounds like he is being strangled) and find it restful. What I personally don't like are all the noisy bars and clubs that keep popping up like mushrooms every year with different names and owners etc. Dalyan good do without most of them I am sure.

dalyansteve

New mosque in Arikbasi
I have nothing against Mosques nor the people who attend them. The building of this one in particular had a certain amount of skullduggery about it. The land in question was farm land and because a mosque was to be built it then became building land and was purchased by a major locall builder??? There is a saying in Turkey " There is always government money for a new mosque but getting a school or a hospital is much more difficult" I think the story about a local man paying for it because of his operation is just that a story to cover up the real purpose, which was for the land owner to be able to sell his farm land as building land at a higher price.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
New mosque in Arikbasi
My understanding on the funding of new mosques, is that the local community pays for the mosque. The government then pay for the staff.

Ian

New mosque in Arikbasi
Brilliant thread, couldn't agree more, and i have to say to the moaners. THIS IS TURKEY, IT IS NOT AND NEVER WILL BE ENGLAND thank god

Latest Posts

Top Bottom