new member please be gentle
i've been reading through alot of previous threads for general information on altinkum

me and my family went to altinkum last year(1st time in turkey)and it was the most relaxing holiday i've ever had,probably because we had a villa all to ourselves.

we are coming back again in two weeks,same place,same villa,can't wait,but i would like any help i can get from residents in the know.

during the day we did the general things but once the night came we found that there wasn't much entertainment going on,apart from that put on by the staff at certain bars,which although entertaining it was the same every night,and with a 15 and 16 year old in tow we need to find something more entertaining.we did dolphin square but were not that impressed to be honest

i guess what i'm looking for are places to explore during the day,within reasonable distance to altinkium,decent bars,maybe live music,good eating place(not that i'm complaining about last years restaurants but maybe something we missed)

any information would be greatly appreciated

ps we went on one of them boat trips(five bays or something) last year,all we did was sail a bit,stop,everyone jumped in the sea,then sail some more,a long drawn out affair in an overloaded boat and promised pick up and drop off but the drop off never happened(they denied offering it)

any recommended trips,maybe fishing,oh and cheapest car hire,dont want much do i

thanks in advance

arrian

R.I.P
welcome to the forum Roger, so sorry you were disappointed with the boat trip, that hasn't happened to us re the drop off. but the trip itself is just going to islands, and it is stop start, stop start. but if you were to do the 12 island your head would be spinning!!

ther'll be people along soon to help with info, sorry i can't, but enjoy being here!

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Depends where you are in altinkum. Try and pick up the voices as soon as you get here and see what the bars etc are doing on certain days (lots of the same) and ring them up for a lift. The only boat that drops off is the Akbuk one on a friday (Taffys I think) or the Bodrum or Kos Ferry from the Harbour. You can take a Dolmus to the Water Park or have a day out to Kusadassi and the huge one there and check out Love tours they have a little historical tour thats not far to go. Hope this is of help a bit to you.

welcome to the forum Roger, so sorry you were disappointed with the boat trip, that hasn't happened to us re the drop off. but the trip itself is just going to islands, and it is stop start, stop start. but if you were to do the 12 island your head would be spinning!!

ther'll be people along soon to help with info, sorry i can't, but enjoy being here!

thanks for the reply arrian,the boat trip was just a very long day,probably the worst day of a very very enjoyable holiday

ChrisBobs

Maybe you should come down to Bodrum for night for your teens! And a day to see the Museum etc.
Welcome to the forum - hope your enjoy your time on Holidays

Depends where you are in altinkum. Try and pick up the voices as soon as you get here and see what the bars etc are doing on certain days (lots of the same) and ring them up for a lift. The only boat that drops off is the Akbuk one on a friday (Taffys I think) or the Bodrum or Kos Ferry from the Harbour. You can take a Dolmus to the Water Park or have a day out to Kusadassi and the huge one there and check out Love tours they have a little historical tour thats not far to go. Hope this is of help a bit to you.

thanks for your response lilly,we never did the waterpark last time so it is on the agenda for this year,i know its not too far as me and my son rode there on a scooter one day,just to see how far it was,we will be hiring a car and doing some exploring ourselves,hense the 'not too far from altinkum bit' dont want to get lost,i'll have a look at kusadassi cheers

welcome to the forum. plenty of entertainment around, just ask. i,ll be over myself in 2 weeks, i,ll be the one wearing the pink floyd t-shirt- there an old band you,ve proberly never heard of!!!!

scotssteve

Hi Rodger and welcome to the forum

please tell us where your villa is located (just the general area not the address)?

It may not seem like it, but from the end of 2nd beach all the way over the hill takes a long time to walk, and the information for the area will be more specific.

If you read through the threads you will see some of the posts, for instance live music at the Queens head every saturday night.

regards and enjoy

Steve

Maybe you should come down to Bodrum for night for your teens! And a day to see the Museum etc.
Welcome to the forum - hope your enjoy your time on Holidays

thanks chris,never thought about that but will definately consider it

Hi Rodger and welcome to the forum

please tell us where your villa is located (just the general area not the address)?

It may not seem like it, but from the end of 2nd beach all the way over the hill takes a long time to walk, and the information for the area will be more specific.

If you read through the threads you will see some of the posts, for instance live music at the Queens head every saturday night.

regards and enjoy

Steve

hi steve we're staying in hunters valley,i have read alot of the posts,alot by your good self,i have written down alot of info to take with me,i have the queens head and the cavern on certain nights,its been well worth coming on here as last year we were just relying on leaflets left at the villa and wandering about along the beaches

many thanks

welcome to the forum. plenty of entertainment around, just ask. i,ll be over myself in 2 weeks, i,ll be the one wearing the pink floyd t-shirt- there an old band you,ve proberly never heard of!!!!

cheers laurence as a floyd nut i'll keep an eye out for you

EVELYNNE

evelynne
hi and welcome.

The water park in kusadassi is meant to be the best in the area, that would be a good day out and if you want shopping the designer outlet at Soke is easy to get to.

the night market in mavershar and perhaps a meal over there .

Come to Akbuk , look on that Forum to see whats going on.

Perhaps as you didn;t enjoy the boat trip, maybe the day trip to kos , would interest you more, or you and your son could bring the dinner home by going on a fishing trip.

Whatever you decide have a great holiday and don;t forget to come back and tell us all

Eve

hi and welcome.

The water park in kusadassi is meant to be the best in the area, that would be a good day out and if you want shopping the designer outlet at Soke is easy to get to.

the night market in mavershar and perhaps a meal over there .

Come to Akbuk , look on that Forum to see whats going on.

Perhaps as you didn;t enjoy the boat trip, maybe the day trip to kos , would interest you more, or you and your son could bring the dinner home by going on a fishing trip.

Whatever you decide have a great holiday and don;t forget to come back and tell us all

Eve

thanks eve the info i've got off everyone on here has been great,will let everyone know how it goes

Hello and welcome from me too, I hope with the info the Altinkum gang give you, you have an even better holiday this year!

Tess

Hi Roger and a warm welcome to the forum, I'm not much use with night life, I'm a day person, (with a rare night) my holiday cannot get relaxed and quiet enough, so hope you have a ball and find some fab places to go. I love a day to the Waterpark and a boat trip. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
Hi Roger and a warm welcome to the forum, I'm not much use with night life, I'm a day person, (with a rare night) my holiday cannot get relaxed and quiet enough, so hope you have a ball and find some fab places to go. I love a day to the Waterpark and a boat trip. Hope you enjoy.

thank you tess,the water park is a deffo for this year,a nice fishing trip i could do with but the relaxing is a main priority,last year the holiday seemed alot longer than two weeks yet it wasn't boring,it felt like a long break,best holiday we've had

arrian

R.I.P
hi, Roger, i think you will be able to use the thank you button now, but just to let you know, back to back posts aren't allowed, so if you want to answer several posts, click onto the "+" sign of the first posts, then "quote" ( bottom right hand corner) of the last one you want to use, then you can answer all the posts in one box.

hope you don't mind me telling you, i've only just found this out as well!!!!! lol

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom