cynicmystic

New member intro
I guess I missed this section about introductions. Bobthenob mentioned that I should introduce myself first. Since it is a reasonable suggestion, here it is.

I am a 32 y/o guy. I was born in Istanbul and lived there until the age of 13. I have been travelling since then. I currently live in Canada. I like reading (mainly languages, prehistory, and science). I enjoy photography, cooking, travelling, chess, drinking beer, kind bud, making pickles, kayaking and a bunch of other things that I can't recall right now.

I usually spend about 4 months of the year in Turkey visiting my family, and am away for the rest of the months.

Harem

I've cliqued
New member intro
Welcome to the forum CynicMystic. You have certainly clocked up a lot of post in your first day!!! What are you doing in Canada - are you a student there?

bobthenob

Non Active Member
New member intro
A big Welcome to the forum CynicMysticthat is filled with very useful tips and also topics one can get involved in to get it off one chest.
l am also a keen chess player and love reading about the mysterious beyond and it's source.

Looking forward to your many posts

New member intro
hi there..nice intro..you get around im jealous.
Does that mean you are Turkish or have a family living in Turkey.
İ dont make pickles nor can i kayak..whatever that is..but im a fairly good chess player so any time you are down Alanya way i'd give you a hiding..hah

cynicmystic

New member intro
Wow, I am so surprised that people care to offer welcomes. I have not seen many boards on the internet, where the "introduce yourself" section actually works. I guess this must be a close knit community, which is nice. I would like to thank all of you for the welcome messages. Cheers.

cynicmystic

New member intro
Welcome to the forum CynicMystic. You have certainly clocked up a lot of post in your first day!!! What are you doing in Canada - are you a student there?

Hello Harem, I immigrated to Canada about three years ago. I was in the US the previous 8 years or so, and decided that it was time to move away after the Sept 11 attacks. Canada appealed to me more for some reason as a place to set roots in. Luckily, I am done with school:)

cynicmystic

New member intro
hi there..nice intro..you get around im jealous.
Does that mean you are Turkish or have a family living in Turkey.
İ dont make pickles nor can i kayak..whatever that is..but im a fairly good chess player so any time you are down Alanya way i'd give you a hiding..hah

Hello,
I am fully Turkish. My parents live in Istanbul, and I was raised there, So, my mother tongue is Turkish. It is just that I moved around a bit, and came to the point that I happen to call home where I hang my hat at the end of the day. I noticed that a lot of the members on this forum seem to be living in Turkey. My situation is also similar except that I happen to live outside Turkey :)

This kayak thing is similar to what the eskimos use. The modern kayak is an adaptation of the eskimo kayak - an airtight canoe with a spray deck. Not too popular in Turkey though.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
New member intro
Hello Ceemac, thanks for taking the time to post a welcome message. I guess we started off on the wrong foot by perhaps misunderstanding each other.
Cheers

I think we maybe did but we can put that right straight away by drawing a line under it now :thumbup:

Actually if you got rid of all the sparring the other night, it wasn't a bad little debate heheh

Anyway, good luck and looking forward to your input.

C

luddendenturk

The Very Fat Sailor!
New member intro
Hi cynicmystic

Welcome to TLF.

I also enjoyed you introductory exchange of views, although I watched in silence.

Just a word of advice, back-to-back posts are to be avoided. There is an edit function at the bottom of each of your own posts, if you decide later that you need to add further info.

Hope that this helps.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom