Ilica Park

The view is fantastic !!!
New Ilica Restaurant
Sorry to get your hopes up if you thought this was going to be BREAKING NEWS !!!! This follows on from my question about where Ilica owners could go out to eat and get transport.

Does anyone know of any plans to develop the Ilica area a bit and have a couple of shops and restaurants etc.?

I realise that there are a few local shops but I would have thought with the sheer number of apartments in Four Seasons and Spring that there would be enough of a captive audience to support at least one good restaurant and a couple more shops up nearer the developments.

What are your views on this?:504xn:

New Ilica Restaurant
We asked around when we were there the other week, but the general impression we got was that there would not be enough business throughout the year. The bulk of visitors is from June to September, and who's going to open a restaurant for 4 months a year? Also, as the apartments are all self catering this limits custom as well. Mind you, the weekly market is excellent for fruit and vegetables - tomatoes actually taste like tomatoes. There's a man who does great kebabs next to the shop opposite the school ........... !

Leo

New Ilica Restaurant
we live in hope that this will happen very soon !!!

I agree.... We live in hope. Lets hope the new road and the opening of the 'Spring' shortly will bring enough trade for a good restaurant.

I hear the cafe at Four Season's isn't up to much yet.

Cheers

Leo.

Els

New Ilica Restaurant
Hi all,
I just happened to discuss this with one of our Turkish neighbours in Ilica Park. He owns the shop opposite Side Mare Aqua hotel in Kumköy. He had actually looked into it and said apart from the question of viability, there is no suitable location or land available at the moment. Oh well, maybe next year.
Els

Ilica Park

The view is fantastic !!!
New Ilica Restaurant
Am I right in thinking that between Four Season, Spring Apts, Spring Villas and Ilica Park there are 295 properties? That is a lot of people who may well be self catering but I would have thought that most would want to eat out at some point.

I don't know what the expected occupancy rates are but even if you guess at 30% in the peak season that would be about 100 families. Does this provide enough custom for a restaurant? Even if it only opened say Thursday, Friday and Saturday I would have thought it would be well used.

Els

New Ilica Restaurant
IP, I agree it sounds like there should be enough customers during the summer, but if the prospective restaurant owner first has to buy land and build a restaurant, the numbers would probably not add up. Not many Turkish people could raise that sort of money at the moment, and if they could they would probably pick a location with more chance of year round custom. However, maybe someone in the village will spot an opportunity and start up something there.
Els

New Ilica Restaurant
The Kebabs are 1.75 ytl but sadly he's not open every day. He does claim to be only 5 star restaurant in Ilica!

Els

New Ilica Restaurant
We look forward to trying out this one and only 5* restaurant in Ilica next week! Can you even sit down there? I can't remember seeing anything there but a small shop.
Els

New Ilica Restaurant
I think you should call it 'al fresco' dining. We'd love an update of how things are next week - we're really missing the wonderful views. Have a great time.

Els

New Ilica Restaurant
I think that is a good description! I will have a chat with the owner next week about the restaurant scene in Ilica, or rather the lack of it, and see how the locals feel about it. Yes of course I will report back to you on Ilica Park as soon as we are back. Well time flies, so before you know it you will be back there yourselves!

Els

New Ilica Restaurant
Another update on the Ilica restaurant scene. We tried the kebabs at the local village shop run by Ahmet (opposite the school). They were very nice. I tried to convince him this was his big chance to open a restaurant, even if it was only a couple of tables and chairs on the pavement next to the shop to start off with. Anyway, to cut a long story short, after that he was convinced he and I were going to open a restaurant together, with him running it and me putting up the finance (ha ha).

bob baldock

New Ilica Restaurant
We have just returned from four seasons.We were eating at Bill Cosbys in Koumcoy and he said he was trying to get permission to open a restaurant and small supermarket up in Ilica so fingers crossed something may happen by next year.The poolside bar and caffeteria are running well with a weekly B.B.Q.The prices are quite reasonable and the food very tasty.You can also run a tab which saves you taking money round the pool.

Leo

New Ilica Restaurant
We have just returned from four seasons.We were eating at Bill Cosbys in Koumcoy and he said he was trying to get permission to open a restaurant and small supermarket up in Ilica so fingers crossed something may happen by next year.The poolside bar and caffeteria are running well with a weekly B.B.Q.The prices are quite reasonable and the food very tasty.You can also run a tab which saves you taking money round the pool.

Cheers Bob - Yes I agree about the Four Seasons poolside bar & caffeteria - was there a short time ago and we also found it good quality & reasonable prices etc. Found myself being quite lazy, as it meant I didn't have to go out to Side or Kumcay to eat.

Would be good if 'Bill Cosby's' are able to open something local to us. Look forward to it.

Leo.

Rosy

New Ilica Restaurant
Our family enjoyed a simple but good meal and drinks at the Four Seasons cafeteria one evening in September and were made very welcome by the franchisee. A month later we heard that non- residents were no longer welcome by order of the residents. It seems a pity if that is the case. I would have thought some extra custom would be an advantage and increase the viability of the restaurant which might well struggle in the low season. It was certainly enjoyable to have a nice meal in pleasant surroundings within walking distance of our apartment.

Last edited:

lemmy

New Ilica Restaurant
rosy where were you staying as you were not at four season or spring. is there anyone else who knows anything about any new facilities or shops in ilica. mecitoglu are building some new villas near ilica and i have been considering going over to have a look at this plot but when i was there last year there was a lack of shops and no restaurants.

Last edited:

Els

New Ilica Restaurant
Hi Lemmy, all I can tell you is that as far as I know there are no new shops or restaurants since last year. Pity isn't it. We will probably buy a couple of bikes to pop across to Kumköy to be able to go out for dinner. That should be ok as it is only a couple of kms.

lemmy

New Ilica Restaurant
oh that is a shame i hoped with all the building in the area that someone would have seen a money making opportunity.

donna1b

New Ilica Restaurant
Hi Lemmy I am a resident in fourseasons and although there are no restaurant or shops in Ilicia, mecitoglu provide a shuttle bus which runs every hour to Kumkoy Side and occasionaly Manavgat I'm sure this will include the new villas .I believe it gives us the best of both worlds with the contrast of the peaceful surroundings of the village with the nitelife of the above resorts

Els

New Ilica Restaurant
Lemmy, On the way back from Turkey last Wednesday, I overheard two lady estate agents from Side who were on their way to a large second home fair, talking about Spring villas. They were saying the roofs have been leaking like a sieve over the winter and a lot of customers are putting in damage claims to Mecitoglu. Be careful.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom