Talkinman

New I phones
Does anyone know if I buy a new "I phone" in the UK will I be able to use it to Skype back home when I am in Turkey??
The deals available now are so good it would save takeing my laptop every time.

tjd

New I phones
Yes Skype is great - so long as you can connect a wi-fi connection.

It won't work on skype off the local cell provider connection. Also remember to switch off the e-mail and other app auto updates otherwise you'll have a hefty bill when you get home.

You may want to consider a monthly contract with Skype which provides you with the ability to phone any landline back in the UK, much handier than trying to sync up with someone on a computer connection, for something like £3.50 a month. For that I think you also get a skype phone number whick people can leave messages on and aagin you can check from anywhere in the world.

By the way all this works from an itouch also so long as you've got a earphoneswith a microphone.

Where the good deals in the UK then? My wife wants one of them and the best offer is O2 at £35 a month for a decent amount of minutes. Have you found much better than that?

Last edited:

lewknor

lewknor
New I phones
Be warned - Iphones are terrific but the glass front is not very sturdy. My wife dropped hers on the third day of usage and now she wishes she had bought a protective case ! Has now, but just a little too late ! An essential additional purchase for sure.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom