Status
Not open for further replies.

goldmattymiss

goldmattymiss
new home needed
Well folks after nearly 3 years we have decided that we have to go back to the Uk .Turkey is a fantastic place to retire or Holiday, but buisness is very difficult not that we didnt do well but the time is right to return .But we find ourselfs in a very hard and difficult situation after looking at the possibility of taking our 2 cats back to the Uk we find that it is not an option as the quarantine laws are very strict and the great character,s our cats have would change
So we would love to find homes for them both, to good loving familys who would spoil them and love them as much as we do ,and would not mind sending us updates and photos
The 1st one is Cherkin born 7/1/2007 my baby she is a tortoise shell tabby who loves the great outdoors but when the weather is cold and wet wants to share the bed .She loves to headbutt you and is very vocal when she wants feeding or just to talk ,when very happy be prepared for drool .
Her vacinations are up to date and has had rabies shots so if someone feels they can give her a good loving home please pm me.
No 2 Sassy ,sassy by name and sassy by nature ,
this little girl was abandoned on the mountain between icmeler and Turunc and is only 7 months old .I more loving cat you would not meet but this little girl is a homebody only leaving for an hour or so at a time at first she was so frightened of humans that it has taken 3 months to bring her out of her shell and boy what a lovley little girl this is and she is a van cat so with a big personality it would be great to keep them together but I just want to make sure they are loved and looked after .
I know there are lots of homeless cats out there and both of these have been homeless in there early lifes and have brought so much love and joy to our family i want to ensure that they will be ok please pm me if intrested
many many thanks for all your suport and advice over the years xxx
ps if you look on the marmaris forum you can see pic of my babys

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
new home needed
.....But we find ourselfs in a very hard and difficult situation after looking at the possibility of taking our 2 cats back to the Uk we find that it is not an option as the quarantine laws are very strict and the great character,s our cats have would change
Why do you think your cat's characters would change? Please read this link: How to Move to the UK With Cats - UK Pet Quarantine

People leave their pets behind for many reasons. A couple I know who were moving back to the UK, gave the excuse that they thought their 'beloved' pets would not cope in quarantine kennels - when what they really meant was they did not want to fork out the cash to take them back with them. Sadly, they obviously did not love them as much as they said they did.

So if your only reason is because 'their characters might change', please rethink and consider taking your lovely cats back with you.

If not, good luck in finding new owners for your two, but as you say, there are a lot of homeless cats out there..... :(

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
new home needed
I am sure that you have thought this through and decided that this is your only solution, I know from recent personal experience how hard it can be to even consider leaving behind your animals. certain comments from some members do not help at all in this situation, believe me i know i was on the receiving end of them recently. I am sorry that I cannot help but i hope that you rehouse them soon and that you are successful back in the UK. good luck

Gin&Tonic

new home needed
Im sure you have thought this through but do think about taking them with you, the cats character wouldnt change that's in them for life. Having been involved with the Cats Protection League for many years I've seen cats of all sorts of character and yes some you would like to change but they dont change. Also having the two together makes such a difference, they could be kept together in quarantine.

goldmattymiss

goldmattymiss
new home needed
ok Guys knew I was opening myself up for this but didnt want to go into detail of our last 3 years ,and yes i agree a dog is for life and I thought this was for life ,but without going into to much detail and opening myself up for more comments in a nut shell although our buisness was doing well it was not enough and for the last 3years we have used our savings as well to keep it going so we have now no more left to invest in the buisness and have been let down by others and will be returning to the Uk homeless having to live with family while this is something we will handle and in time our experience in Turkey will turn into a posative one .Family are helping and giving us the much needed support and have offered to pay for quarantine I do not feel that I can ask for the money to fund this ,and I also really do feel that cherkin especially would not cope with quarantine ,So please do not judge me as a bad person I took these animals in loved them and still do but the circumstances have made this an almost unbearable choice ,but when you keep hoping somthing will turn up to make a diffrence and realise this is the only option its not easy .All I want is to find a good loving home and be at peace that they are ok in a time that is going to be difficult for all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom