bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
New government project Camel Beach area
If they build this Religious Affairs Directorate, Islamic Publicity and Information Center beside Kargı ( camel beach) Bodrum Ortakent there will be a definate change in tourism , first this beautiful sandy beach I often visited
swam at will change, it will be dwarfed with a building this size and new roads to serve it , and its inevitable that the AKP government run R.A.D. will influence the area surrounding it , the boat trips of tourists with the women relaxing in western swimming costumes will be frowned on the small restaurants serving alcohol will be discouraged . It is a mistake for a Tourism area . I was glad to see Ortakent council at the time refused it but it looks as if bigger powers trying to push it through . According to Charlottes link .

2jg2vd2.jpg

wbvrd1.jpg

Diyanet?ten Bodrum?a ??slam Tan?t?m ve Bilgilendirme Merkezi? ? Sözcü Gazetesi

According to the article, a huge Islamic promotion and information centre is being built by the government at a cost of 30 million lira at the blue flag camel Beach.

Charlotte

Without knowing its purpose my first thought is what a waste of money . Surely there are other priorities for 30 million lira? Just as I am critical of the opulence of the RC Church in the poorer countries of Central and South America, this strikes me in the same way.

teosgirl

Bal, I agree.
A strange location so I can only assume they're trying to attract a different type of tourist. If this project was intended to support and inform conservative Turks then central Anatolia would have been a more appropriate location.

Ortakent municipality knows what its electorate wants, but is no match I'm afraid.
According to the source it will be completed by next year.

Charlotte

Maybe this has Middle East input? Last time I was in Gumbet some of the venues had changed and now had an Arabic design, and there was also The Jumeirah Palace, built just outside Bodrum Town.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Maybe this has Middle East input? Last time I was in Gumbet some of the venues had changed and now had an Arabic design, and there was also The Jumeirah Palace, built just outside Bodrum Town.

The Jumeirah Palace is to Gaudy as the La Sagrada Familia is to Gaudi.

Steve

Latest Posts

Top Bottom