New....Energy certificate
I’m sure there’ll be a few wry smiles on here after the one off payments for Hab Certs. It giveth & taketh.

LauraB

This has been on the cards for years. When we were living in Antalya 2011/2012 it was being talked about a lot and many of the buildings going up there then were being insulated.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
We bought a new build 8 months ago, 6 houses on a very large plot ours and my neighbours being identical, when I decided to apply for the RHI grant I had to provide an EPC so being nosey I looked at my neighbours as well as ours online, vastly different, my RHI assessor advised me to have another done as he was convinced ours was wrong and more efficient than stated, our neighbours being even worse, I got a firm from Glasgow, I felt the assessor wasn’t confident in what he was doing, he later e mailed me the new EPC which was worse than before, turns out he had input the heating system as electric underfloor heating when it is actually a wet system powered by an air source heat pump, he told me he new little or nothing about them, the result forms the basis of the RHI payment you receive, if there is a void in knowledge up here where they have been in place for ever, god help Turkey where last week Mehmet was working in a bakery, he is now an energy assessor.

Martin

Kanga

Sounds like the one time Home Information Packs (HIPs) which tempted a lot of people to do the training and start a new job only to have them largely dropped later.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Sounds like the one time Home Information Packs (HIPs) which tempted a lot of people to do the training and start a new job only to have them largely dropped later.

They are still relevant in Scotland, last week a guy I know told me he could be fined if he put one of his house on the market without one.

Martin

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
I am sure that in Turkey proper training will be given to the assessors. There is much talk of 'thermal paint' but I really cannot see this being adequate, or indeed, any use at all. Has anyone got any experience of it?

They are still relevant in Scotland, last week a guy I know told me he could be fined if he put one of his house on the market without one.

Martin

They are also relevant in England and needed if you rent out your property. We were lucky, my lettings agents organised one for me, it only cost £50 (I was expecting nearer £200 as that is what they were charging years ago), & it came out better than the one 10 years ago, even though nothing in the property has changed apart from a few low energy light bulbs

enoch

When it was first talked about all the building had be done not just your apartment to get a certificate . It was supposed to come out in 2017 thats why the council tax doubled .

carolinej

so ,is this for all the old buildings or just what is being or recently been built ? my house would never pass any energy efficient anything ,but i did just put double glazing in :eek:))

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Previous incarnations of this policy were to grade all homes, I recall many wrapping their properties in 70 mm insulation with a waterproof render board over.

Martin

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
This is called 'Mantolama' we were the first house in the area to be done. It works a treat. really cool in the summer too. We only used fans in the bedroom about 4 nights last year, but we are also 1000m high

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Can any of our estate agent members furnish any details of what will be inspected, what will add to the outcome and what will detract from the outcome of the inspection?

Saoirse

IA definitely invest in a roof and some doors

I made that cost cutting mistake and when it comes to the certificate it makes such a difference with keeping in the heat

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
As long as it is done properly and means something I am happy to pay. Like the labels on the white goods, it is good to know how much energy you are going to use before you buy. Likewise it would be useful for someone to know how costly it will be to run a house. Up here in the mountains it can get to -20 C in the winters, and the winters are long. A tank of LPG cost us 5000TL last year, we have not bought any this year, but I am pretty sure that the price has not gone down.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom