Mavideniz

New construction plans in Datça
Kanga - thanks very much for these updates. That's very interesting to hear about the new Migros near the Turizm Kolej and the new boutique hotels above the Mandalya Pansyon.

It sounds as if quite a lot of these smaller things are happening, but that there has still been no new 'Imar Plan' published for the bay. I think that's one reason why everything there looks such a mess, because until this long-awaited plan is published the the local stakeholders don't know where they stand re. land ownership, development rights, etc, and they are not going to spend a lira.
I'm not sure exactly what is holding things up.

Last edited:

Kanga

We hear today that the main Kargi development area is 20,000 sq m by the college with permission for 300 apartments.

Kanga

Update again.

We have now learnt that there will be a holiday village development near Villa Carla. The 'developer' is a son of Captain's Restaurant on the marina, and the place will be called Alim's Everyday Holiday Site.

Make of that what you will!

Kanga

Kanga - thanks very much for these updates. That's very interesting to hear about the new Migros near the Turizm Kolej and the new boutique hotels above the Mandalya Pansyon.

It sounds as if quite a lot of these smaller things are happening, but that there has still been no new 'Imar Plan' published for the bay. I think that's one reason why everything there looks such a mess, because until this long-awaited plan is published the the local stakeholders don't know where they stand re. land ownership, development rights, etc, and they are not going to spend a lira.
I'm not sure exactly what is holding things up.
The 'new Migros' turns out to be a tiny off-licence type shop with beer, wine, water, bread, basics like tea and rice and tinned stuff, nothing worth making a detour for. Very disappointing but understandable in the current climate.
There were several wooden chalets built above Mandalya on large concrete bases, but they were done without the correct PP and removed last autumn. The new development above Cennetkoy is a serious plan and is causing a lot of anger in Datca. It wont affect our place except as a blot on the landscape but unless they do something about road access it'll be a living hell. We haven't been back since last October because of the pandemic but we plan to return as soon as we can without too much hassle.
What about you?

Kanga

enoch

These plans are the tip of the iceberg. New and larger plans have been made public this week.
Goodbye Datca, hello Marmaris. Goodbye Kargi, you will be swamped.

Will translate to English automatically.
What ashamed, we are Iucky could say in our area all they can do is rebuild old apartment blocks in our street they are all newish and they have to build any new complexes miles away.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom