New coins
I have just been through my box in which I keep change for the dolmus and sorted out the new style lira from the old and am left with just over 16 lira in old style coins. Does anyone know if I can change these at my Bank (TEB) into the new style coins, or if there is any charity I could give these to?

Sue

ChrisBobs

New coins
I took my 36 Tl into the local Ziraat Bank- who are now the only bank who can change them, it was an easy job.
THEN you give to charity- save them the trouble?!!
Happy New Year!

New coins
I took my 36 Tl into the local Ziraat Bank- who are now the only bank who can change them, it was an easy job.
THEN you give to charity- save them the trouble?!!
Happy New Year!

Thanks for that, will have to see if there is a Ziraat Bank near me - never seen one, and a happy New Year to you too.

Sue

New coins
I have just spent 50 kurus (old yeni kurus coins) in our corner shop, with no trouble.

We will continue to offer any old coins, which we may have, until we are refused.

I can envisage two currency situations. The supermarkets, Migros etc, refusing the old currency but local shops and street markets continuing to take and give the old coins, like a private local currency, until the coins eventually disappear.

PS our haul of old coins now stands at 53 kurus

Latest Posts

Top Bottom