tony&rose

tony&rose
new camera
hi,my partner has bought me a new canon 450d camera for chritmas and i have seen a flash gun on ebay its a speedlite 420ex does anyone know it this is ok for my camera,thanks new to hobby so any help would be appreciated.regards tony :28::28::28:

new camera
hi,my partner has bought me a new canon 450d camera for chritmas and i have seen a flash gun on ebay its a speedlite 420ex does anyone know it this is ok for my camera,thanks new to hobby so any help would be appreciated.regards tony :28::28::28:
If your camera has a 'hot shoe' the flash will be OK ( hot shoe is the female bracket on top of the camera with elect. contacts in it.)

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
new camera
If your camera has a 'hot shoe' the flash will be OK

Not necessarily true. A hotshoe is just a coupling to enable the flashunit to sit securely on the camera and for the flash to fire on cue.

For the camera and flash to "speak" to each other, and the correct amount of light to be emitted by the flashgun as required by the camera settings, the layout of the contacts on the hotshoe must be compatible and the circuitry in both units must speak the same language.

You should be able to get the information that you need to make your decision from Canon's website at Canon EOS 450D Digital SLR Camera - Canon UK

Last edited:

v6cod

Living in Okcular
new camera
The Canon Speedlite 420ex will be fine on your 450d it is fully compatibile.

new camera
Hi Tony & Rose
Hope you have great fun with the 450D!!
I use the 40D superceded by the 50D now and Canon DSLR cameras are great.
A constant learning curve and I find Canon,s own software for editing is good too.
Enjoy!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom